Rpn.professay.info #Descriptive essay types

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Descriptive essay types

Descriptive essay types

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

The college student’s guide to writing | Narrative Essay pdf 2 Кб

Descriptive essay types

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
How to write a Descriptive Essay: Topics, Tips |…

Bruno Bettelheim#8217;s and Karen Kolbenschlag#8217;s interpretation of #8220;Cinderella#8221; Essay Sample. As is well known, the famous storytale #8220;Cinderella#8221; has many variants across cultures and time periods. These variants have been found to have the same general plot, which is characterized by the persecuted heroine, the meeting with the descriptive types prince, the revealing of an inner identity, and marriage with the prince. This plot is simple enough to be understood by a child, yet the details that support the story#8217;s timeless popularity are more difficult to discern, and are sometimes viewed quite differently by different critics. This shall be demonstrated in the synthesis of Freudian psychologist Bruno Bettelheim#8217;s work #8220;#8216;Cinderella#8217;: A Story of Sibling Rivalry and add read more Oedipal Conflicts,#8221; and an excerpt from Feminist writer Madonna Kolbenschlag#8217;s work #8220;Kiss Sleeping Beauty Good-Bye: Breaking the Spell of Feminine Myths and Models.#8221; The story of Cinderella finds its way into descriptive types, so many children#8217;s hearts because of a resemblance children feel with the heroine. Both Bettelheim and Kolbenschlag agree that sibling rivalry is both a very real and very strong force in america essay nature type upon, a child#8217;s emotional composition. The feeling of unimportance inflicted by sibling rivalry allows children to associate closely with the character of Cinderella.

Regardless of how absurdly overdramatized Cinderella#8217;s burdens seem to descriptive essay types, adults, children see themselves in a position that mirrors the characters#8217;. Both critics go on to suggest that because Cinderella#8217;s #8220;true identity#8221; is later released, and that she #8220;lives happily ever after,#8221; that children see themselves someday leading extraordinary lives also. Where Bettelheim and Kolbenschlag begin to differ on this topic is how each sex is professional dissertation, affected differently by the main plot of the story. Bettelheim makes no distinction between the perceptions of girls and boys of the story, whereas Kolbenschlag says differently. Kolbenschlag feels that both boys and girls are attracted to the story in a similar manner, but she also believes that the tale lays a blueprint to be followed by girls in order to achieve the goal of happiness. This plan involves conforming to essay types, a male #8220;ideal.#8221; Bettelheim also describes a variant for the attraction of children to #8220;Cinderella.#8221; As a Freudian, he believes that all children undergo some period in america essay, their life where they feel ashamed and lowly because of descriptive types, their internalized thoughts and feelings. These feelings can stem from sibling jealousy to oedipal conflict, in which the child secretly desires to replace the parent of the same sex in order to achieve the undivided love of the other parent. These children believe that they deserve to be degraded because of their thoughts. They see Cinderella as being mistreated because she too, deserved it.

When Cinderella becomes exalted at the end of the story, it delights the children who relate themselves so closely to her. Bettelheim and Kolbenschlag agree that the inclusion of ashes and the depiction of process analysis essay, Cinderella as being equivalent to ashes is essay types, a very symbolic structure. Being from my best quotations a German background, Bettelheim is able to provide some interesting insight into descriptive essay, the motif of ashes. He states that there are many examples in the German language of how being forced to work among the ashes is my best friend, not only a symbol of degradation, but also of essay types, sibling rivalry. There are even examples in which a debased sibling is able to surpass the brothers or sisters that degraded him. Bettelheim concludes that #8220;having to live among the thesis ashes#8221; symbolizes the debasement in comparison to one#8217; siblings, regardless of their sex. He describes the topic of a German story in which an ash-boy later becomes king as a reference to this symbolism. Kolbenschlag believes Cinderella#8217;s association with ashes suggests several associations.

Like Bettelheim, Kolbenschlag states that the descriptive essay obvious symbolism of ashes signifies Cinderella#8217;s degradation. Kolbenschlag also believes the association to be symbolic of Cinderella#8217;s likeness to the virtues of the hearth, including innocence, purity, and docility. This symbolism depicts Cinderella as a meek female who must train herself to present her virtues so that she may someday meet her savior. The only apparent difference between the views of Kolbenschlag and Bettelheim on this subject relate to the special connotations that girls might face given the symbolism of the hearth. The slipper in #8220;Cinderella#8221; is perhaps the strongest icon of the entire storytale. Bettelheim and Kolbenschlag view the slipper in america cultural nature upon writing, quite different respects, and even to different degrees of importance. Descriptive Essay? Bettelheim has little to say regarding the slipper made of precious material. He mentions that the smallness of who is citizen essay, it indicates an Eastern origin. The ancient orient viewed the types smallness of a woman#8217;s foot as sexual attractiveness, which lies in accordance with their practice of bind women#8217;s feet.

Kolbenschlag details her view that the slipper serves as a symbol of sexual bondage and imprisonment as a stereotype. She too describes the Chinese practice of foot binding, but she words her description much more strongly and open than Bettelheim#8217;s. America Essay Nature Type Upon Writing? Kolbenschlag also believes the slipper to be a symbol of descriptive, power. That power includes the ability to add read more thesis, demand conformity, which is indicated by the actions of Cinderella#8217;s sisters in which they cut and descriptive mutilated their feet in who is a good, a frantic effort to descriptive, make them fit into essay, the slipper. Kolbenschlag believes strongly that the essay slipper serves as a tool of symbolism by which men can lead women to conformity. Regardless of how differently Bettelheim and Kolbenschlag view certain complex aspects of #8220;Cinderella,#8221; they both agree on the details that support #8220;Cinderella#8221; as a classic. Despite the differences in the lives of children and Cinderella the strong association children feel with her character ensures its timeless popularity. Is this the who is citizen perfect essay for you?

Save time and order Bruno Bettelheim#8217;s and Karen Kolbenschlag#8217;s interpretation of #8220;Cinderella#8221; essay editing for only $13.9 per page. Top grades and descriptive quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Bruno Bettelheim#8217;s and Karen Kolbenschlag#8217;s interpretation of #8220;Cinderella#8221; Cinderella, as told by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm in Household Tales, is a tale most of us are familiar with. Most know the version of the who is citizen essay tale as told in#8230; Symbolism in Disney#8217;s #8220;Cinderella#8221; The story of Cinderella has been shared through many generations, exploring the life of descriptive essay, a beautiful girl who is essay friend, cruelly abused by her wicked stepsisters and stepmother. The director of#8230; Comparative Analysis of #8220;Cinderella#8221; and #8220;Ashputtle#8221; The purpose of this paper is to make a comparative analysis of two perspectives on the children#8217;s story of Cinderella.

It contrasts the time periods and cultures of France and#8230; Satire in essay types, Anne Sexton#8217;s Cinderella. In Anne Sexton#8217;s #8220;Cinderella#8221; one may ponder what the purpose and tone is. Anne Sexton uses a strong satiric and humorous undertone when poking fun at marriage. The use of#8230; Comparitive Analysis of the movie #8220;Ever After#8221; and #8220;Cinderella#8221; Clothing plays a role in every person#8217;s life; often people are judged and defined by the types of things they wear. In #8220;Cinderella: Not So Morally Superior,#8221; Elisabeth Panttaja claims#8230;

Cinderella: A Literary Analysis. The story of Cinderella is a timeless classic that characterizes the add read more different aspects of historical writing. Many later variations of the story derive their origin from classic antiquity, one being#8230;

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
How to Write a Descriptive Essay

How to Write a Cover Letter for Internships. Written by Laura Riley. Updated April 10, 2017. Laura Riley is a writer who specializes in career advice and professional development. She has a Master’s degree in Student Affairs and descriptive Higher Education from Miami University. You’ve heard it before: “No one actually reads a cover letter.” “Cover letters are pointless.” There’s actually proof that writing an outstanding cover letter can get you an internship. If you’re thinking, “Hmm I’m really not sold on this whole perfect cover letter thing.” Or maybe you’ve heard that college students don’t really need them. Hang tight.

I’m going to explain exactly what a professional cover letter is, why you need one, and most importantly, I’ll outline a step-by-step process to help you write an writing literature, outstanding cover letter. And the best part? This article includes multiple, full-length cover letter samples. Descriptive? These samples will help you write a solid cover letter from beginning to end. Professional? One that’s good enough to descriptive, secure your dream internship. Before we jump in, let’s take a look at who is a good citizen, exactly what’s included in essay types this article : I’m sure this comes as no surprise:

As a college student, you will likely apply for internships (if you haven’t already!) As you may know, students who have internship experience increase their chance of securing a full-time job offer upon writing literature graduation. Many interns actually accept offers before they even graduate. According to essay, a study conducted by Vault, 73% of student interns said they received or expected to receive a full-time offer from their internship employer . Internships and cooperative education programs (co-ops) give you an opportunity to gain experience in your desired career field prior to graduation. By gaining hands-on, specialized experience, you become more competitive in the job market. Internship experience is professional editor important. To secure an internship, you need to submit a quality resumé, cover letter, and at times, additional application requirements.

If you submit an outstanding application, you’ll receive an types, invitation to essay, interview. And if you hit your interview out of the descriptive types, park, you’ll receive an who is citizen essay, internship or job offer. This means that believing the myth that cover letters are irrelevant can be detrimental to your professional success. Your resumé and cover letter are the foundation of essay, your success as a job applicant. Your cover letter basically exists to editor, tell a company, “Hey, I really, really, really want this internship.” In a more professional way, of course. A professional cover letter is an important document to send in with your résumé when applying to a job. It provides additional information about why you are the best candidate for descriptive types, the job. After the employer reads your cover letter, you want them to writing literature paper, read your resumé, check out your LinkedIn profile, visit your online portfolio, or better yet, do all three. On nearly every social media site, the first thing you do is create a profile, or at minimum, a username. Let’s take Instagram for example.

When you land on descriptive types an Instagram profile for the very first time, you quickly scan the user’s bio and the photos at the top of their feed. If you aren’t immediately engaged by what you see, you probably won’t come back. Literature? Follow for a follow? No thanks. The same thing happens in descriptive essay types the job search. Your cover letter acts as your Instagram bio. Your cover letter offers a first impression of who you are as a professional and add read button what you’re all about. It’s your chance to grab a recruiter’s attention. This means your cover letter has to be good! While you unfortunately can’t use emojis to amplify your cover letter, you can still make your cover letter interesting to read.

It’s your job to engage the hiring manager, recruiter, or search committee. Descriptive Essay Types? In a sense, you want them to follow you. You want them to editor, double-tap your activity and leave comments like, “We would love to hire you!” If you’re thinking, “ But that’s not always the case. People don’t always read cover letters .” You’re right. There are definitely recruiters who don’t read cover letters. But for every recruiter who doesn’t read your cover letter, there’s a recruiter who bases their entire hiring decision on descriptive types how good your cover letter is. I recently talked to a hiring manager who was shocked at the number of applicants who didn’t submit a cover letter along with their resumé. She said, “I will NEVER hire an applicant who doesn’t submit a cover letter. Writing? It’s not that they’re unqualified, but I can’t put the experience on their resumé into context.”

Don’t make that mistake. Essay? Particularly if your previous work experience doesn’t say a lot about how you’ll be a great fit for friend, the company that you’re applying to. If you truly want an internship, you need a cover letter. Not spending time on your cover letterbecause you assume it’s not going to be readcan be incredibly costly. Types? And not hearing back from a company after you submit your application gets old really quickly. So, what’s the purpose of a cover letter anyway? The purpose of a cover letter is 3-fold: Introduce yourself to a prospective employer.

Communicate your interest in a specific position and company. Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for professional dissertation, the internship position. If done right, your cover letter will serve an actual purpose (beyond checking off an descriptive essay types, application requirement or turning in a class assignment). Your cover letter can get you an interview. If you’re familiar with how to write a resumé, you know the purpose of a resumé is to communicate your achievements to a potential employer. Unlike a cover letter, a resumé never uses personal pronouns like “I” or “Me”. Who Is? Instead of descriptive essay types, saying, “I created a social media campaign,” a resumé states, “Created social media campaign”. Because of this traditional formatting, it can be difficult for internship applicants to add read more, express their personality. “I feel like my resumé makes me sound super boring.” Guess who’s here to types, save the day? The misunderstood cover letter.

For some reason, cover letters don’t get the love they deserve. But cover letters are actually pretty cool. They can help you tell your professional story. Let’s look at an example. Say your resumé includes the following entry:

Volunteer, Community Food Pantry. Inspect and professional editor dissertation sort 100 pounds of food donations per week to ensure they meet quality and safety standards. While that’s a solid resumé bullet point, it doesn’t tell the entire story of why you chose to volunteer and what your experience with the food pantry taught you. The bullet point doesn’t discuss how volunteering changed you as a person, or influenced your professional goals, and most importantly, it doesn’t discuss how volunteering will help you excel at your internship position. If we assume this volunteer experience is relevant to the internship you’re applying for, your cover letter provides a great opportunity to tell this story in more detail. Here’s a good example of types, what you could write in your cover letter: “Through my volunteer work with the Community Food Pantry, I discovered my passion for nonprofit business. Each week, I collaborate with ten other volunteers to sort food donations. I am dedicated to essay type upon, ending poverty and essay types hunger and would be thrilled to intern with the essay, Hunger Relief Organization.”

Being able to tell your story is descriptive essay types what makes a cover letter incredibly valuable. This can set you apart as an paper, applicant and most importantly, help you secure your dream internship or job! Before I explain how to essay types, format your cover letter , let’s review the professional editor dissertation, three primary goals : Introduce yourself to a prospective employer. Communicate your interest in a position and company. Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the position.

Let’s look at each goal in more detail. Goal 1: Introduce yourself to a prospective employer. The first goal is pretty straightforward. In your cover letter, you need to formally introduce yourself to descriptive essay, the hiring team. You can accomplish this in a single, well-crafted sentence. Below are two good examples: Example 1: “As a sophomore majoring in social work at University of Southern California, I am passionate about supporting vulnerable individuals and groups.”

At a minimum, you should include your year in school (or when you plan to graduate), along with your degree, major, minor, or area of essay quotations, study. Goal 2: Communicate your interest in a position and company. A second requirement is to communicate your interest in descriptive essay types the position and company. Always tailor your cover letter with the exact position title and the name of the company you’re applying to. Professional Editor? Here are two great examples:

Example 1: “When I discovered the psychology internship with the types, Counseling Center on Internships.com, I was excited by the opportunity to analysis essay paper, gain exposure to descriptive essay types, the field of psychology alongside experienced psychologists and counselors.” After you introduce yourself and communicate your interest in the position and company, there is one additional piece of information you must include. Don’t miss this step: Goal 3: Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate. This is the most common mistake students make. Citizen? You need to connect the dots for an employer of how your journey and experiences make you the descriptive essay, best candidate for the position. Don’t just say, “I’m the best candidate”. Prove it.

Explain what makes you well-qualified. Essay My Best? Share the experiences and descriptive essay courses that have prepared you to be an effective, productive, outstanding professional with their company. Let’s look at an example. Say a company is seeking a graphic design intern. In the job description, the editor, company outlines their minimum requirements: an types, intern who understands how to use Adobe Creative Suite, can effectively collaborate with a dynamic team, and understands basic design and marketing principles. Here’s one way to demonstrate how you’re the right pick for the job: My coursework, campus involvement, and professional experience make me a well-qualified applicant for professional dissertation, this position. Coursework . I have completed courses in Graphic Design and Photoimaging. As a result, I am proficient in essay Adobe Creative Suite. Campus involvement. Professional Editor Dissertation? For the essay, past two years, I have been a member of the paper, Graphic Design Club.

We collaborate to create websites and descriptive types marketing materials for who is a good, nonprofit organizations. Descriptive Types? Professional experience. Add Read More Button? As an employee with the Office of Fraternity and types Sorority Affairs, I design marketing materials for process essay, on-campus events including Greek Week, along with various philanthropic events. There you have it! Introduce yourself to types, a prospective employer, communicate your interest in a position and company, and process most importantly, explain why you’re a well-qualified applicant. Now that you understand the core components to any cover letter, let’s explore what makes each type of cover letter unique. What types of cover letters are there?

As a college student, you should know about three different types of descriptive essay types, cover letters: Internship Cover Letters Entry-Level Cover Letters Cover Letters for jobs where you do not have any relevant experience. I’ll outline what makes each of these cover letters unique and explain exactly how to write a cover letter tailored to quotations, an internship and an entry-level position. I’ll also show you how to solve the problem of not having “relevant” experience. What makes an internship cover letter unique? By definition, an internship is a position in an organization where a student or trainee can gain work experience. While the organization does not expect you to descriptive essay, come in with years of experience, they expect you to come ready to learn. Though you’re undoubtedly contributing to essay friend, the organization as an intern, internships provide an descriptive essay, opportunity for you to learn while gaining hands-on experience in your desired field.

So what’s the bottom line? An internship cover letter must explain what you want to learn and why you want to cultural essay nature upon writing, learn it. Tell the organization how their specific internship complements your academics. Outline why you’re interested in descriptive joining the organization. Explain how the internship will help you develop as a professional and set you up for success upon graduation. But don’t forget, you also need to communicate mutual benefit. While you want to grow as a professional, you need to a good, add value to their team too. Descriptive? So it’s important that you tell the company exactly what you can bring to their organization (in addition to what you want to who is a good, learn). Let’s look at a couple of examples:

Example 1: “I am excited by the chance to descriptive essay types, contribute to ABC Company and am prepared to writing paper, engage in continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and value non-stop growth as described by the internship description.” Example 2: “Shadowing case managers and descriptive essay types attending mental health meetings seems like an add read more button thesis, incredibly beneficial experience. I am excited by descriptive types, the chance to contribute to your organization and my best friend quotations am prepared to engage in descriptive essay continuous learning.” Both examples not only explain what the button thesis, applicant is descriptive types excited to learn, but also each applicant mentions how they’re excited to contribute to the organization. Explaining what you want to learn is an essential component to literature, writing a cover letter for an internship or co-op experience. What makes an entry-level cover letter unique? If you’re in essay your last year of college, then this section is for you. You’re preparing to start a full-time job upon graduation.

Congrats! An entry-level cover letter differs slightly from an who is a good, internship cover letter. While it’s still important to descriptive essay, communicate how the position aligns with your professional goals, you need to editor dissertation, emphasize why you’re well-qualified for the position. At the beginning of descriptive essay types, this article, I outlined how to demonstrate your qualifications. You need to explain what experiences and courses have prepared you to be an effective, productive, outstanding professional with their company. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:

Why are you well-prepared for the position? What specific experiences prepared you for the position? How has your academic coursework provided the knowledge to excel in this entry level role? Entry-level positions are undoubtedly competitive. You need to cultural essay type upon writing, market yourself effectively and communicate your value to types, an employer. Convince them to hire you! How do I write a cover letter if I don’t have relevant experience? If you don’t have “relevant” experience, come on down off that ledge. I’ve heard it before: “I can’t get a job without experience, but I can’t get experience without a job.” Yes, you can.

Here’s how: Let’s say you want to apply for a marketing internship. More Button Thesis? Below are the requirements of the internship as outlined by the job description: Sophomore or junior standing Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, advertising, or related field Strong teamwork, communication, and critical thinking skills. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite Experience with SPSS. Pretend you’re currently a sophomore at a large, public university. Because classes fill up quickly, you haven’t taken any major-specific courses. This year you completed Business 101 and Management 105, but you have zero marketing experience. Types? Beyond classes, you’re an active member of an on-campus organization called Women in Business, but in terms of work experience, you only have a part-time waitressing job on the weekends.

You’re still qualified. This is who is where transferrable skills come in. A transferable skill is a skill that is descriptive essay types relevant regardless of the position you are applying for. You take these skills from job to job. Common examples of nature type writing, transferable skills include teamwork, organization, communication, time management, and leadership. Think back to the example above. As a waitress, you collaborate with wait staff, provide customer service to restaurant patrons, and communicate effectively to types, ensure orders are submitted correctly. Are you thinking: “Okay, but how is that relevant to professional dissertation, marketing?” The internship outlined above requires strong teamwork skills. Descriptive? You have those.

It’s your job to writing, demonstrate your ability to essay types, work in essay quotations a team. Here’s an example of what you could write in your cover letter: “As a member of Women in Business, a 60-person student-run organization, I collaborate with my peers to plan leadership events and bring speakers to campus. In addition, as a waitress at Good Food Restaurant, I work with a 6-person team to ensure high-quality service and satisfied guests. I enjoy collaborating with colleagues and would appreciate the opportunity to learn alongside your team of experienced marketing professionals.” You have the skills.

You just have to descriptive types, prove it. Even if you don’t have hours of specialized work experience in your field of study, you have more transferable skills than you realize. Give yourself some credit. At this point, we’ve already covered quite a bit. Upon Writing? You understand what a cover letter is, what purpose it serves, and why you need one as a college student. You know three types of essay types, cover letters and what makes each type unique. You also understand how to leverage transferable skills when you don’t have “relevant” experience. Let’s get to the actual writing. How should you format your cover letter? Whichever type of cover letter is most appropriate for youinternship, entry level, or no relevant experiencethe fundamentals remain the same. While you want to stand out and be creative, there are a few specifications you need to abide by.

In this section I’ll discuss the following: length, margins, font size, font style, color, quantity of paragraphs, and bullet point usage. (We've gone into essay, even more detail about the different cover letter formats in our Cover Letter Format Guide for Internships article) Length: As I’ve mentioned, a cover letter gives you a chance to tell your story. But slow down. You aren’t writing a novel. A cover letter should never be longer than one, single-spaced page. In terms of word count, your letter will typically be only 200-400 words. Margins : It’s best to use standard 1-inch margins, but you may use margins as small as .5 inches. Whatever you choose, be sure the margin size is consistent on all sides. Font : When choosing a font, make sure it’s easy to types, read.

Some appropriate fonts include Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Georgia, Tahoma, or Times New Roman. Stay away from fancy curls and fonts that only belong on horror movie posters. Dissertation? As a way to brand yourself, you may choose a different font for your name in the header of essay types, your cover letter. Other than this exception, be sure to use the same font throughout for consistency’s sake. Font Size: Use size 10- to 12-point font. This will ensure the font is large enough to read, but small enough to analysis paper, create a professional and descriptive polished look.

Color : Unless you’re a graphic design major or a creative professional, you’ll typically use black font. Writing Literature? If you’re applying to a creative industry, a tasteful splash of color may be appropriate (recommendations are covered at the end of this article in types more detail). If you’re printing your cover letter to mail or use at a career fair, use black ink on white, cream, or ivory paper. Left align each paragraph. There is no need to indent the first sentence of each paragraph. Instead “Return/Enter” between each paragraph. Writing Literature? This will create a balance of text and whitespace, making your cover letter easier to read.

Bullet Points: Some resumés use a lot of bullet points to outline someone’s accomplishments, but can bullet points be used on essay a cover letter? Sparingly. Friend? Use bullet points to briefly summarize information where appropriate. For example, you may write something like this: My academic background, communication skills, and descriptive leadership experience have prepared me well for this computer science internship. Academic background. I have completed courses in computer science, statistics, and who is a good essay systems programming resulting in essay a 3.9 Major GPA. Communication skills. As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s Computer Science student organization, I develop and facilitate computer science presentations.

Leadership experience. Cultural Type Upon? This year, my classmates elected me as the sophomore representative for the college student government assembly. Bullet points can be an effective way to descriptive, communicate multiple qualifications, while abiding by who is a good citizen, the one-page length requirement. Those are the basic style guidelines when it comes to creating a cover letter. Now let’s check out the key sections of a letter. What are the key sections of your cover letter? The following are essential cover letter sections: header, date, greeting, company address, and salutation. I’ll define each section and discuss exactly what to include. I’ll also share detailed examples of what to descriptive essay, write. Header : A cover letter header is the information at the top of your cover letter. It includes your name and contact information, the paper, date you’re applying, and descriptive the company’s mailing address.

In the header, it’s important to include your full name. If you’re in the process of changing your name, plan to change your name during the recruitment process, or recently changed your name, it may be appropriate to include your new name with your former name in parentheses. Analysis Essay? If your name is “Elizabeth” and you go by “Beth,” then it’s entirely acceptable to use Beth on your documents. If your legal name is “Wayne” and you prefer to go by “Thomas,” then you may write it as “Thomas (Wayne) Johnson” to descriptive types, avoid any confusion. When it comes to contact information, you should include your email address and dissertation a phone number where the essay types, company can reach you with follow-up questions, or to essay my best, schedule an interview. You may also choose to include a URL link to your LinkedIn profile or an online portfolio showcasing your work.

Here’s the most important part: You must use a professional email address. Your school email address is a good option. If you prefer to use a personal email, make sure it’s professional. While you want to stand out, a creative email address like alliecat@ or iwantajob@ isn’t the way to do it. Create a generic johnsmith1@ account, or use the .edu email address provided by descriptive essay types, your university.

Unprofessional email addresses get resumés rejected more than 75% of the america type, time. Date : After you include your name and contact information, you need to descriptive essay, include the professional dissertation, date you’re applying for essay types, the position. Right-align the date in the space below below your name and contact information. Company Address: While you probably won’t snail mail your cover letter, as a professional document, tradition tells us to include the company mailing address. Professional Dissertation? Although you’re not typically submitting a hard copy of your resumé, after sending off your application, it’s in the possession of human resources. You don’t know if it will be printed, mailed, sent to another department for review, or any combination of essay, these scenarios. Determine the who is citizen essay, company name, mailing address, and descriptive essay department (if applicable). Left-align this information after the date. Greeting : The most appropriate option for a greeting is quotations ‘Dear’. It’s also advantageous to refer to the hiring manager by their name in your salutation. For example, “Dear Ms.

Mary Johnson,”. Descriptive Essay Types? When writing the salutation, ensure the name and title are correct. For example, a person with the name ‘Taylor’, may prefer the title Mr., Ms., Mrs., or none of the editor, above. Make sure you use the correct title before their surname. If you don’t know what to use, opt for their first and last name only. Salutation: Don’t use “To Whom It May Concern”, or “Dear Sir/Madam”. Do your homework and figure out the descriptive, “Whom” actually entails. If you’re lucky, a company will list a contact person near the my best quotations, bottom of the job description.

Use this contact name in your cover letter. If the company does not specify who the types, hiring manager or recruiter is, still do not resort to, “To Whom It May Concern”. In this case, here’s what you should do: After thoroughly reviewing the america cultural essay nature upon, job description, work up the essay, courage to call human resources. HR is your friend, so there’s no need to who is essay, be anxious. Here’s what you could say: “Hi, I’m preparing an application for your open internship position #12345. I’m wondering who the descriptive types, hiring manager is for this position.” Oftentimes, human resources will provide you with the analysis essay paper, information.

Other times, they may say, “Just address it to HR.” In this case, I recommend using “Dear Hiring Manager and Search Committee” as your salutation. Now that we’ve covered the basic formatting rules and the core sections of a cover letter, let’s talk about an incredibly important rule for descriptive types, every cover letter you write. Don’t forget this: You must tailor your cover letter to every single position and unique company you apply to. What does it mean to tailor a cover letter? Tailoring a cover letter is editor dissertation exactly what it sounds like. Essay Types? A tailor, or a person who alters clothing, adjusts clothing to professional editor, fit unique, individual people. Descriptive? A shirt tailored for Person A will not fit Person B as well as it fits Person A. You should take the same approach when writing a cover letter.

It’s kind of editor, like giving a birthday gift. While you could safely give any person a gift of cash, it can come off as impersonal (like you forgot it was even their birthday). Why? Because it’s a generic gift. Just as you would avoid giving a generic gift to your best friend. You should avoid giving a generic cover letter to descriptive essay types, your dream employer. In short, you should never submit the exact same cover letter to more than one position or company. Tailoring a cover letter requires additional effort on your behalf. You need to conduct company research and understand the position inside and out. You’ll use this information to create a unique cover letter that is appropriate for a specific job and a unique company. If you’re thinking, “How would one company know if I send them the same exact cover letter I sent another company?”

Truth be told, they probably won’t find out. Editor Dissertation? But that’s not the point. If your cover letter is essay types so generic that you can submit it to analysis, multiple positions at different companies, it’s not unique enough. Descriptive? The recruiter will immediately recognize your cover letter as a generic template, and it will end up in analysis essay the trash can. Let’s go back to the birthday gift analogy. When you purchase a birthday gift for your best friend, you most likely base your decision on descriptive essay types a few things: What are they interested in? What do they enjoy? What do they need? What do they want? You then use what you know about your friend to essay friend quotations, inform your decision of essay types, what to buy.

It’s the same when it comes to writing a cover letter. You must conduct company research to answer similar questions: What type of candidate is the company interested in? What does the company value and enjoy? What needs and pain points does the company need to solve? What does the company want from you as an applicant? To be successful, you must integrate the answers to these questions into your cover letter. While some of the friend quotations, content in each letter will undoubtedly overlap, do your best to create unique content for each position. While the term ‘research’ can be intimidating, I have good news:

You don’t have to be a scientist to do good research. To conduct company research, there are a few key resources: Explore the company website. Google the types, company to discover current events. Visit websites such as Glassdoor.com, where candidates, current employees, and former employees rate companies. Some examples of a good essay, what you may research are the company mission, vision, or recent news. You’re looking for information that is descriptive types relevant to the position and literature paper details that make you excited about the company. At this point, you understand what a cover letter is and descriptive types what it means to my best, tailor your cover letter. This cover letter template is not tailored to any specific company or position. This is a bad, scratch that, TERRIBLE cover letter:

To Whom It May Concern, I am writing to apply for an internship I recently found on your website. Descriptive Essay? I believe I am the friend quotations, best candidate for this position based on essay my academic coursework and a good essay my relevant experience. I match exactly what you are looking for in a candidate. As a college student, I understand how to descriptive, use Microsoft Word and editor Excel. I am passionate, detail oriented, and hard-working. Essay? I am really excited about the literature, opportunity to join your company. Attached you will find my resumé which explains my experience in further detail. Thank you for descriptive essay, your time. I look forward to the possibility of america cultural upon writing, interviewing.

It may be more appropriate to descriptive essay types, end that letter with, “I am sincerely boring,” but you get the friend, point. In brief, this is what is wrong with the above example: X No header (i.e. applicant name, contact information, date, company address) X Generic and outdated salutation (i.e. Essay? “To Whom It May Concern”) X Cliché and boring introduction.

X No mention of the internship title. X No mention of the company name. X No proof as to why the applicant is the “best candidate” X Applicant includes generic skills (i.e. Microsoft Office and Excel)

Don’t write a cover letter like this. You will put the recruiter to sleep. Minneapolis, MN 12345. Fashion and Design. New York City, NY 56789. Dear Ms. Debra Glod, When I discovered the fashion internship with XYZ Company on my best quotations Internships.com, I was excited by the opportunity to complement my coursework with experience in a fast-paced environment. Descriptive Types? As a junior majoring in professional editor dissertation Fashion Merchandising at University of Southern California, I am passionate about creating original concepts and executing designs.

My leadership experience, design coursework, and creative portfolio make me a well-qualified applicant for this position. Leadership experience. As the President of the on-campus student organization, Fashion and Business, I produce an annual fashion show with over 30 models and descriptive types 250 attendees. Design coursework. I have a 3.9 Major GPA after taking introduction to textiles, fashion sketching, computer-aided fashion design, and advanced apparel development. Creative portfolio. My portfolio includes original sketches and dissertation drawings created in Adobe Illustrator. Descriptive Essay Types? It can be viewed by visiting dakotatailor@design.com. As described by the internship description, I am eager to who is a good essay, grow into a bold and interactive designer.

I believe your organization provides a rewarding opportunity to types, engage in continuous learning. My enclosed resumé expands on my leadership experience and academic coursework. As I prepare for a career in fashion, I am dedicated to understanding the field by collaborating with an experienced design and cultural essay nature type writing production team. Descriptive Types? Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon. In brief, this is a great example because it includes the following: ? Name, contact information, date, and who is a good citizen company address. ? Tailored salutation including the hiring manager’s first and last name. ? Unique introduction that communicates the applicant’s interest and passion in the position, company, and industry. ? Specific internship title “Fashion Internship” ? Company name, “XYZ Company” ? Use of the term “well-qualified applicant” vs. “best candidate” ? Unique skills that are relevant to essay, the position (i.e. leadership, design, and creative work) ? Description of the applicant’s desire to grow as a professional. Use this as a model when crafting your letter.

What to america cultural type upon writing, include in your actual cover letter? Now I’m going to walk you through a 4-step process for writing a cover letter. Essay? This process helps you narrow down your experience and determine what is most relevant to the position and company. You only have one page to communicate how you match exactly what the employer is looking for writing, in a candidate. Let’s use a 4-step process to accomplish this task. Step 1: Highlight the job description. Step 2: Select three job responsibilities you want to focus on in your cover letter. Step 3: Identify three of your accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities. Step 4: Connect your accomplishments to descriptive essay, the qualifications the employer seeks. I’ll take you through each step and describe exactly what to do.

This is an effective way to essay nature type upon writing, write a cover letter. Descriptive Essay? Let’s jump in! Step 1: Highlight the job description. You may be asking, “What’s the point of this?”. As you already know, the purpose of a cover letter is to get a potential employer to read your resumé. More Button? You do this by demonstrating how you match exactly what they’re looking for. Well, what are they looking for? The answer to this question is in descriptive essay the job description. The purpose of this step is to determine the most important requirements.

To highlight the job description, either print a hard copy and grab an actual highlighter, or copy and paste the contents of the job description into your favorite word processing program. Professional? You should make note of the following: Core responsibilities Required qualifications Preferred qualifications Keywords Patterns and descriptive types themes. A job description will typically label the core responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications. America Cultural Nature Upon? Those should be easy to determine. That being said, there won’t be a section labeled “Keywords” or “Themes.” This is where you have to do a little work.

It’s your job to read through the job description and determine what is most important to types, the employer. Essay Friend? Ask yourself the following questions: What words are repeated throughout the job description? What responsibilities are emphasized in the job description? Let’s look at descriptive, the following example of a job description for a marketing internship. The example outlines responsibilities, minimum qualifications, and preferred characteristics. Carefully read through each section. Marketing Internship Job Description. Conduct social media marketing campaigns Collect quantitative and qualitative data Perform market analysis and research on competitors Collaborate with co-interns and marketing team to analyze data Support marketing team in daily administrative tasks Present findings to marketing team. Sophomore or junior standing Pursuing a bachelor’s degree Interested in add read button marketing and/or business-related career Effective writing and descriptive verbal communication skills.

Pursuing a degree in marketing, business, graphic design, communications, or a related area of study. When you review this job description, a few things should be obvious. You know the add read more button thesis, employer is descriptive essay looking for an intern who is interested in social media marketing and button thesis data analysis. After further review, you can also make an additional conclusion: Conclusion : The company seeks an intern who is an effective communicator. Clues : The job description not only descriptive essay types requires someone with “effective writing and verbal communication skills”, but the intern must also be able to collaborate with colleagues and present findings to the marketing team. Both of thesis, these responsibilities require a heightened level of communication.

That’s a pattern or theme. After reviewing the job description in detail, you observe a common thread, pattern, or theme regarding one skill across multiple bullet points. Descriptive Essay? Use this knowledge to your advantage. Dedicate several sentences in your cover letter to proving how you’re an effective communicator. For example, you may write: “After reviewing the job description, it is clear that XYZ Company values effective communication. If hired as the Marketing Intern, I would leverage my experience in Toastmasters International, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping members develop public speaking and leadership skills. I have a proven ability to literature paper, communicate messages effectively and would apply this ability as a Marketing Intern.”

Let’s say you highlight the job description and essay types determine there are ten core responsibilities and qualifications the employer wants. Do you write about all ten? Probably not. If you remember correctly, a cover letter can only be one page long. You cannot adequately cover ten different requirements in a single page. So how do you determine which skills to focus on?

This is where step two comes in. Step 2: Select which job responsibilities you want to focus on. After you review the job description in detail and highlight the most important parts, you need to choose which of the many responsibilities you want to focus on in your cover letter. Unless the essay paper, job description is very shortand the company only highlights three requirementsit’s unlikely you will be able to discuss every single requirement in your cover letter. Here’s what you do: Determine what the essay, company values the most . What does the company emphasize in the job description? Take into consideration your own experience and qualifications. If the job requires communication, teamwork, accounting, and who is a good essay customer service, and you’re not confident in your accounting skills, then you don’t need to focus on that requirement in your cover letter. At the essay types, same time, if accounting skills are listed as a minimum required qualification, then you’re not qualified for the internship. Take time to narrow down not only what is most important from the company’s perspective, but also what you are most qualified for.

To simplify the writing process, I recommend choosing three job responsibilities to focus on. Once you do this, you’re ready for step three. Step 3: Identify specific accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities. After you’ve identified three job responsibilitiesas outlined in the job descriptionyou now need to identify specific accomplishments that are relevant to those responsibilities. You should only highlight the most relevant accomplishments. Not necessarily the most exciting achievement, but instead, the my best, accomplishments and activities that are closely related to what you would actually be doing with the company. After choosing three requirements and three accomplishments, you’re ready for descriptive essay, step four. Step 4: Connect your accomplishments to the qualifications they seek.

In a sense, you need to editor dissertation, put together the pieces of the puzzle. You need to demonstrate how your skills and accomplishments match what the company is looking for. You have three responsibilities and three accomplishments. Connect the dots. We’ll look at additional examples of descriptive, how to do this in the next section. How do I write the introduction, body, and closing? As with any good story, the cover letter has a beginning, middle, and end. I will refer to these as the introduction, body, and closing. Essay Paper? Let’s look at each section in further detail. I’ll describe how to write each section and show you real samples of what you could write.

Th intrduction two a covr leter is crushal. If you want your cover letter to types, end up in the trash in record-breaking time, make an ugly spelling error in your first sentence. Professional? Hiring managers quickly disqualify candidates from consideration because of spelling errors. The core components of your introduction include the following: 1) Briefly introduce why you’re writing. 2) Give a short overview of who you are. 3) Tailor the introduction to the company and position.

If you want to immediately bore a recruiter, open your letter with, “I am writing to apply for”. As one of the most common introductions, that’s not an effective way to stand out descriptive, from the other applicants. Even if you spend significant time tailoring the rest of editor dissertation, your cover letter, a recruiter may assume you submitted a template because the phrase is so overused. It’s cookie cutter and unfortunately, we’re not making cookies. Avoid this phrase and replace it with something more creative. Begin your cover letter with a sentence that communicates your personality, while still remaining professional. You can accomplish this by starting with a personal anecdote. For example, you could write: “When I was a teaching assistant at my local middle school, I discovered my passion for working with kids. I am committed to”

Don’t feel confined by what is considered standard or traditional. As long as your content is essay professional, you can be a little creative. This is your opportunity to add read more thesis, infuse your personality. Think of it this way: If you were reading a cover letter, what would engage you?

As you explore samples, make note of the cover letters that seem boring and those that inspire you to keep reading. After you engage the reader, it is important to demonstrate two things: You did your research. You tailored the letter to the specific company and position. Here are a few great examples: “When I discovered the environmental science internship on Internships.com, I was immediately excited by essay types, the opportunity to join a sustainable organization like XYZ Company.” This opening sentence indicates your interest, why you’re writing, and demonstrates that you researched the company. A Good Citizen Essay? By including the single word “sustainable,” the company will know that you did your research, provided they’re truly a sustainable company.

It may be tempting to say, “I believe I am the best candidate for descriptive essay types, the position.” This is an empty claim. Instead, use the remainder of the letter to prove that you are well-qualified for the position. Those are the essay friend quotations, building blocks of essay types, a quality introduction. One succinct, yet engaging paragraph where you do the following: State why you are writing.

Provide a brief overview of who you are. Tailor to process analysis essay, company and position. Give a brief overview of what you’re about to discuss in essay the body. If done well, the introduction will invite the recruiter to continue reading. Let’s talk about literature what you include in the body. How do I write the body of a cover letter? After you grab the recruiter’s attention with an engaging introduction, it’s time to essay types, craft a compelling body. The purpose of the body is to writing literature, prove your qualifications to the reader. It’s important to be specific about your qualifications and clearly describe how they relate to essay types, the position. This is where you need to match the requirements outlined in the job description with your most relevant skills and analysis essay qualifications.

Let’s look at essay types, two different examples. Here’s an add read more, example using bullet points: My academic coursework, communication skills, and leadership experience have prepared me well for this position. Academic coursework. Essay Types? I have completed courses in business communications, marketing, and strategic human resource management, resulting in a 3.8 GPA. Communication skills. As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s SHRM Chapter, I develop and process facilitate presentations on behalf of the descriptive essay, organization.

Leadership experience. This year, my classmates elected me as the junior representative for the college student government assembly. I am excited by the chance to contribute to your organization and am prepared to engage in continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and value non-stop growth as described by the internship description. Here’s a traditional example (without bullet points): As outlined in friend the job description, it is clear you seek an intern who is familiar with human resources. Over the past two years, I have completed courses in business communications, marketing, and strategic human resource management, resulting in a 3.8 Major GPA. Descriptive Essay Types? I would leverage this understanding to who is citizen essay, advance the Human Resources division with your company. Additionally, as the descriptive essay, professional development chair of more thesis, University of Southern California’s SHRM Chapter, I develop and facilitate presentations on behalf of the organization. I have a proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person. Types? I am well prepared to more button, present information on behalf of human resources and would enjoy learning alongside your skilled team of representatives.

I am excited by the chance to contribute to your organization and am prepared to engage in continuous learning. The most important part of the body is demonstrating how you match the requirements outlined in the job description . If you can do that, you will set yourself up for success. How do I write the descriptive types, conclusion of a cover letter? Finally, like any good letter or story, you need a well-crafted conclusion. In the closing section, you should do a few things: Summarize why you are qualified for the position.

Express your appreciation for their time and consideration. Here’s a solid example of how to wrap up a cover letter: My enclosed resumé expands on my academic coursework, communication skills, and leadership experience. As I prepare for a career in human resources, I am eager to gain a more detailed understanding of the cultural essay type, field. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon. That’s it. An introduction, body, and conclusion tailored to the company and position. Prove that you can do the job and you’re incredibly excited by descriptive essay, the opportunity. We’ve covered a lot so far. By this point, you understand what a cover letter is, the essay friend, purpose, why you need one, and a step-by-step process for writing an outstanding letter tailored to a unique position and essay types company.

Now let’s check out the top 10 tips for crafting your cover letter. Top 10 cover letter tips and hacks. Be a person. If you think back to earlier in this article, you’ll remember a common resumé concern is: “I feel like my resumé makes me super boring.” The same can happen with your cover letter. I highly recommend infusing your personality.

In addition to highlighting your skills and essay upon writing campus involvement, your cover letter should express your individual personality. You’re a human after all. Make sure your cover letter expresses who you are. Address the right person. I shared tips for finding the descriptive, correct person to my best friend, address your cover letter to.

Make sure you not only types find the correct person, but adjust the salutation for each letter you write. It can be an awful mistake to tailor your entire cover letter and forget to look up the correct contact person. Worse yet, you leave the contact person from the last company you applied to on writing paper your letter to a new company. Make sure you address the correct person and spell their name correctly. Engage the reader at essay types, the beginning. Just like a good book, the professional, first sentence of your cover letter needs to draw the reader in. Avoid cliché phrases like, “I am writing to apply for types, your internship.” Or, “I’m writing in response to your recently advertised position.” Instead, write something unique, yet professional.

Share your passion. If you have a connection with the company, don’t be afraid to name drop. Writing? Name dropping is descriptive essay when you include the a good essay, name of a friend, family member, or acquaintance who is connected to descriptive essay, the company. If done correctly, this may improve your credibility and your chances of securing the internship or full-time position. For example, you may write: “After speaking with the current principal, Kathy Johnson, at your meet-and-greet event, I am incredibly excited to apply for the summer school teaching position with Unicorn Unified School District.” Name dropping can showcase your professional network, while signifying an extra level of effort. Focus on essay paper the most relevant examples. Do not include a comprehensive list of your college involvement. Your cover letter should not look like you turned the contents of your resumé into complete sentences and paragraphs.

Instead, choose a few relevant examples and tell a story. Be specific. Descriptive Essay Types? Don’t write, “I conducted in-depth marketing research”. Instead write, “I used SPSS to analyze survey data.” Using generic claims and buzzwords does not add value to your cover letter. Analysis? Tell the hiring manager exactly what you did and why it matters to their company. Showcase the results of your work. Let’s extend the previous example, “I used SPSS to analyze survey data.” Why did you do that? What was the essay, result of your work?

And most importantly, why does it matter to the employer? To strengthen that sentence, you could write, “I used SPSS to analyze survey data and better understand the target audience. Analysis Essay Paper? This experience will be incredibly beneficial as a Marketing Intern with ABC Company. Include key ideas as outlined in essay types the job description. Essay? Earlier in types the article, I told you how to determine keywords and patterns by reviewing the job description. Here’s a trick for finding keywords. Use the ‘Find’ function.

The ‘Findrsquo function is a keyboard function where you press and hold Control+F (Windows), or Command+F (Mac). After you release the buttons, a search box will appear on your screen. Type in paper likely keywords such as “communication” or ldquo;communicate”. Your computer will highlight every appearance of this word. Determining where the word is descriptive essay used will help you tailor your cover letter. Keep it brief. No cover letter should be longer than one page.

By focusing on the most relevant skills and not reiterating your entire resumé, you’ll be well on your way to writing a succinct cover letter. At the same time, you need to find a happy medium. Your letter should not be several sentences. Create 3-5 well-written, concise, yet detailed paragraphs. Follow the dissertation, employer’s instructions. The employer’s instructions outweigh any recommendation you find online (or in this article). Descriptive Essay Types? If the employer asks you to answer a specific question, or share your availability in the cover letter, follow their instructions. There are a few exceptions to writing, this rule.

It is against the law for an employer to ask you for the following information: What country are you from? Is English your first language? Do you drink socially? Are you married? Have you ever been arrested? What religious holidays do you observe? Do you have children?

If an employer requests this information (or any other information you feel uncomfortable sharing), you do not need to include that information in your application. It may be a red flag and you probably do not want to work for that company. Those are the top 10 cover letter tips and tricks! Be sure to check out our seperate article regarding cover letter tips and tricks. Next let’s check out some common cover letter pitfalls and how to essay, avoid them. Top 10 cover letter mistakes to avoid. Typos. I can’t say this too many times. Ensure that your cover letter is free of typos.

Review the add read button, letter yourself, read the letter out essay, loud, and have a friend check it over. You will kill your chances of being interviewed if you make one too many mistakes. Focusing too much on yourself. A cover letter is process your chance to explain why you’re qualified and passionate about the job opportunity, but it is not ALL about you. The key to a great cover letter is essay types explaining how you can solve a problem for the employer. Cultural Essay Type Upon Writing? You need to explain why you’re interested in the company. Be careful not to focus on yourself too much. Not tailoring your letter to the company or position.

Generic phrases such as “Dear employer” or “I would love to work for your company” can create an altogether weak cover letter. Take my advice and tailor your cover letter to the specific position and company. Descriptive Types? Dissect the job description and conduct company research. You will quickly stand out as a quality applicant if you can prove your interest in the position and organization. Including taboo topics.

Sometimes it can be difficult to know what’s allowable and what is essay nature type writing taboo. While you want to descriptive essay types, add personality to who is a good citizen essay, your cover letter, you must avoid writing about things that are uncomfortable or irrelevant to the position. Descriptive Essay Types? Do not include information that is considered protected class such as your religion or race. Unless these are integral to the positionfor example, you’re applying to be a choir director at a churchthese are unnecessary additions. Being cliché. I get it.

It can be tempting to Google, “cover letter sample” and use a ready-made template found on the internet. While this may seem like the process analysis essay paper, easy option, it will hurt your chances of descriptive types, securing an internship or full-time job. Recruiters review resumés every day. They can immediately spot a template cover letter. If you found the cover letter example online, so can they.

Take time to write a unique cover letter that expresses your personality and communicates your qualifications. Rewriting your resumé. A cover letter is not a resumé. It serves an entirely different purpose. Don’t waste cover letter space by simply reiterating what is on your resumé. Include a story, integrate your personality, talk about the company, and discuss your passion. Over-explaining. Don’t be a rambler. Take time to cut out unnecessary words and phrases. Refrain from repeating the same skill multiple times with different examples. If you want to discuss how you’re an excellent public speaker, share one example.

Remember, you submit a cover letter and resumé in hopes of securing an interview. A Good Citizen Essay? If you receive an invitation to interview, you’ll have the descriptive essay types, opportunity to describe your experiences in further detail. Being too pushy. If you search the web for cover letter samples, you’ll inevitably come across samples that say something like, I will call your office in writing a week to schedule an descriptive essay, interview. While you want to present yourself as an assertive and confident professional, that approach is more button typically too pushy and can hurt your chances of getting an interview. An alternative is to say, I welcome the descriptive, opportunity to speak with you about how I can contribute. Or “I look forward to hearing from you soon.” You can communicate your sincere interest without being pushy. Starting with your name. While your name is an important piece of information to include on your cover letter, opening a letter with “My name is Casey Smith” takes away prime real estate. Professional Dissertation? Instead, start with a relevant skill or qualification to grab their attention.

Unless you’re a celebrity and everybody knows your name, it’s not the best option. Sharing irrelevant information. I get it! You care about ALL the essay types, experiences you have gained. This attachment can make it incredibly difficult to let things go. But letting go of irrelevant information is key to writing an outstanding cover letter. Editor? Yes, it’s awesome that you volunteer with ten different organizations, but not all ten volunteer experiences are relevant to every internship or job you apply for. You need to narrow down your accomplishments and delete what is irrelevant.

This will not only cut down on descriptive the fluff, it will highlight what’s truly important. There you have it. Essential tips and literature paper mistakes to descriptive, avoid. Before we wrap up, I want to writing, discuss two nontraditional cover letters and share a helpful sample. What do nontraditional cover letters look like? By now, you understand how to make your cover letter unique and why it’s important to descriptive, infuse your personality. There are a few industries and positions that call for who is essay, an extra level of descriptive essay types, creativity and design. If you’re pursuing a creative degree, this is for who is a good, you.

Graphic Design Cover Letter . If you’re a graphic design major, or another creative type, it’s advantageous to reflect this in your cover letter. But don’t forget the basics. Before you attack the design, ensure the spelling, grammar, and essay types sentence structure is solid. Then, take a few liberties with your design. Adjust the layout, choose the perfect typography, and add a splash of color. While you don’t want to go overboard, you should use your letter as an opportunity to demonstrate your skills. As a creative major, you should also include a link to your online portfolio. The hiring team will review your portfolio for design basicsfrom color choice to typography, white space usage to contrast.

While this is an awesome opportunity to showcase your work, it requires a heightened attention to detail. Check for spelling and grammar throughout. Video Cover Letter. Who Is? A video cover letter can be a unique way to essay types, showcase your skills. Some IT companies and tech-based startups are opting for video cover letters in place of traditional letters. Just like a traditional letter, you want the content to engage the viewer and encourage them to check out your resumé and portfolio.

You’re essentially creating a movie trailer. Where a traditional cover letter is bound to one page, a video cover letter rarely exceeds 60 seconds in length. Brevity is still important. Keep in professional dissertation mind the purpose of a cover letter and types craft your content around these three primary goals: Introduce yourself to a prospective employer. Paper? Communicate your interest in a position and company. Essay? Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the position. What’s key here is essay friend quotations that your personality and energy come through. Unless you’re camera-shy, there’s no need to write an descriptive, entire script. America Cultural Essay Nature Type Upon Writing? Choose a few bullet points to focus on essay and discuss your qualifications. You want to come across as genuine as you can, without trying too hard!

456 Business Road. Phoenix, AZ 85001. Ms. A Good Citizen Essay? Nichole Favret. 123 Business Street. Phoenix, AZ 85001. Dear Ms. Nichole Favret, When I discovered the accounting internship with XYZ Company on Internships.com, I was excited by the opportunity to complement my coursework with practical experience. Descriptive? As a junior majoring in essay nature type writing Accounting at descriptive, University of more thesis, Southern California, I am enjoy compiling reports and completing audits.

My academic background, communication skills, and leadership experience have prepared me well for descriptive types, this position. Academic coursework . Nature Upon? I have completed courses in intermediate accounting, cost accounting, business law, and descriptive types individual income tax, resulting in a 3.9 Major GPA. Essay Quotations? Communication skills . As the professional development chair of University of Southern California’s Accounting Club, I develop and facilitate presentations on behalf of the organization. Leadership experience . As a chapter leader of Delta Sigma Pi, a business fraternity on campus, I recruit new members and discuss the value of the organization. I am excited by the chance to descriptive, contribute to analysis essay, your organization and am prepared to engage in continuous learning. I intentionally pursue professional development and value non-stop growth as described by the internship description. My enclosed resumé expands on my academic coursework, communication skills, and descriptive essay leadership experience.

As I prepare for an accounting career, I am eager to gain a more detailed understanding of the field. Thank you for professional dissertation, your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon. That’s what a solid cover letter looks like from beginning to end. Check out more professional cover letter examples here. People read cover letters. As you now know, an essay, outstanding cover letter can get you an america cultural essay type, internship. You have every tool, example, and piece of advice necessary to write a superior cover letter. You understand exactly what a cover letter is, why you need one, and most importantly, you have a step-by-step process to help you write an outstanding cover letter. Whether you’re applying for a summer internship, or submitting your first application to descriptive essay types, a full-time position, you’re well prepared.

Congratulations on getting this far. Set aside time to write an outstanding letter. My Best Quotations? It will be easier than you think and more rewarding than you imagine.

Essay Writing Service -
General Classification of Main Essay Types: The Top 10

Ulysses, by Alfred Lord Tennyson Essay. Alfred Lord Tennyson’s Poem Ulysses is descriptive, written as a first person narrative from the perspective of a dissatisfied aged man, Ulysses, King of Ithaca. This essay will outline how Alfred Tennyson’s portrays Ulysses as an old man pondering about the life he lived as a younger man and longing for adventures similar to those he ventured on in his youth. Although Ulysses may not be the character that Tennyson’s audience would have expected, this paper will show how the character is compared to literature paper that of the society of the time in which the poem was created. In this poem, Tennyson also conveys a personal message that would have been very timely around the time when the poem was written in 1833 (it was later revised for descriptive essay publication in 1842). Tennyson also uses Ulysses to symbolize the general Victorian age, whereby civilization was growing at a rapid pace, and many technologies and advances were taking place. He uses symbolism to sympathize and connect with his audience at literature a personal level. Throughout all of the poetic symbolism, Tennyson writes his poem as a dramatic monologue, with un-rhythmic iambic pentameter to descriptive types bring all of his thoughts, ideas and symbolism into a beautifully written poem. Tennyson reworks the paper, figure of Ulysses by drawing on descriptive essay types the ancient hero of Homer’s Odyssey (“Ulysses” is the process essay paper, Roman form of the descriptive essay types, Greek “Odysseus”) and the medieval hero of my best friend Dante’s Inferno. Tennyson wrote this poem in descriptive types the first few weeks after he learned of the death of a dear college friend Arthur Henry Hallam. Similarly to Tennyson’s other work, (i. e.

In Memoriam) this poem is also an elegy for a deeply cherished friend. Editor! Ulysses symbolizes the grieving poet and proclaims his resolution to push onward in spite of the awareness that “death closes all” (line 51). Tennyson stated himself, the poem expresses his own “need for going forward and braving the struggle of life” after the loss of Hallam. Throughout the descriptive essay types, poem Ulysses, specifically expresses that though he is essay, old, and essay types has had many adventures, he still dreams of literature paper gaining a greater knowledge and a furthering his journey to the point that he would choose death in order to seek that greater adventure. In the poem, Ulysses shares some of his experiences with regard to traveling and descriptive essay types experiencing new cultures and citizen essay customs, “much have I seen and known,” (line 13) and descriptive essay the people that he has not only met, but also been honored by “myself not least, but honored of them all,” (line 15) but yet Ulysses still remains unsatisfied with his life “Yet all experience is an arch where thro’ / gleams that untravell’d world whose margin fades / for ever and ever when I make a move. ” (lines 19-21). Ulysses, in america cultural essay nature a search for the satisfaction he so desperately requires in his aging days, entrusts the descriptive essay, ruling of the country to his son (lines 33-34) and sets out to the sea one more time. However, Ulysses tells his men this adventure will be different, “Tis not to late to seek a newer world” (line 57) and “for my purpose holds/ To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths /of all the western starts, until I die. ” (lines 60-61) Tennyson writes “by this still hearth… / Match’d with an aged wife, I mete and dole / unequal laws unto a savage race;” In other words, Ulysses sees himself old and sedentary, ruling a dishonorable people with unjust laws and will set sail and professional editor not return, for he feels this would be a satisfactory end to his life after just one journey.

However, in actually facing a tragic end such as this, Ulysses changes his mind and decides that this is in fact not how he would like to end his life. Instead, Ulysses rolls back to the thoughts and memories of experiences and adventures before and again is filled with the burning desire for greater knowledge that only makes him want to explore the world more and to learn more of types what he does not know: “Yet all experience is an essay my best, arch wherethro’ / gleams that untravell’d world whose margin fades / for ever and ever when I make a move. ” (lines 19-21). Tennyson’s passion in his writing and the and conviction of his language how that he (as typical for the Victorian age) deeply admired courage and persistence and actually wrote the descriptive essay, poem as a metaphor for never surrendering the questing spirit of youth, never giving up, never ceasing to fight for one’s dreams, even though one has grown grey over the years, perhaps a direct correlation to the personal message that Tennyson is conveying following the death of Hallam. Tennyson may have realized that life is short, so to speak, and that a man should never lose the desire for writing paper more knowledge. He may have realized to keep fighting and live life to the fullest while you are there to enjoy it.

Tennyson questions what becomes of the hero after the quest. Even a man as clever as Ulysses could not outwit his fate and, like everyone else, he grew old. Now fully aware of his constant need for understanding, Ulysses finally chooses to essay leave his mundane life of old age and to friend die chasing the thought that so much overcomes him; to seek out knowledge and understanding. Even though Ulysses realizes he may not be physically able as he once was to types make the journeys, “tho’ / we are not now that strength which in old days / moved earth and heaven,” (lines 65-67) he plans to rely on his strong willed heart “made weak by editor time and fate, but strong in will. ” (line 69) Ulysses convinces himself that he is seeking the ultimate satisfaction, the ultimate foreign land: heaven. Since the end of the dark ages, western civilization had grown very rapidly with advances in technology (specifically physics, medicine and astronomy) and even many areas of the humanities had experienced explosive growth.

Internal exploration was at essay a high rate, and the general consensus was that everything that needed to be known, was known or would be soon. Explorers would return from journeys with technology that the general population of writing literature society looked at descriptive types as unfathomable. It was this sense of wonder of achievement that lead the Victorians to believe that they were already living in an ideal world. Everything was known, all of history before them has been leading up to this point and dissertation that there was therefore little or not purpose for essay them to serve anymore. They lost hope, and wonder and ultimately the will to learn and grow because they believed they could go no further. As this idealism grew more and more rapidly, Victorians began to feel a loss of psychological individuality. Friend! Tennyson uses the character of Ulysses to symbolize the people of the Victorian age. Ulysses then, a man who journeyed afar and set sail on many adventures, but eventually aged and was disillusioned by the very adventures that educated him, is the perfect representation of the Victorian people. Science and education had made the people suddenly more educated, but at the same time took away from their spirituality and left them hopeless in that there was nothing left to be known.

Tennyson specifically speaks to the Victorians within this poem and acknowledges that although they were weaker and not as educated in the past and descriptive essay they were no longer the people of outward courage and valor that their ancestors were, they could still choose not to “rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use” (line 23) but instead choose “to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield,” (line 70) even if that meant meeting their fate, death, head on. However, the figure of Ulysses was not particularly praised in the Victorian era. While he was a hero, Ulysses is process, somewhat selfish. He does after all, allow his personal pride and ambitions to endanger others lives. In the infamous final line of the descriptive, poem “to strive, to seek, to cultural nature type find, and not to descriptive essay yield,” Ulysses longs to flee his tedious daily life “among these barren crags” (line 2) and to enter a new world “beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars” (lines 60-61). Professional Editor! Therefore, Ulysses was a model for the Romantic rebellion against bourgeois conformity. Ulysses then not only types, held mythological meaning, but stood as an editor dissertation, important contemporary cultural icon as well. Ulysses is written in 70 lines of blank verse. It is very strongly accented iambic pentameter and essay uses simple, but strong words.

Many lines however, specifically at essay my best quotations the end of the poem seem to un-rhythmic to the monologue that it can be correlated with that of the restlessness of Ulysses. Had the poet not intended this, the last lines and much of the body would not be as forceful and intentionally inspiring as they are. The poem is descriptive types, written as a dramatic monologue: the entire poem is spoken by a single character, whose identity is revealed by his own words. A dramatic monologue is a type of lyric poem (which does not attempt to essay my best quotations tell a story, but is of a more personal nature instead) developed during the Victorian period, in the character delivers a speech explaining his or her feelings, actions, or motives. The monologue is essay, usually directed toward a silent audience, with the speaker’s words influenced by friend quotations a critical situation. The lines of descriptive essay Ulysses are in blank verse, or unrhymed iambic pentameter, which serves to impart a fluid and natural quality to Ulysses’s speech. Many of the lines are enjambed and this use of process analysis essay paper enjambment (the breaking of a syntactic unit by the end of descriptive essay a line or between two verses) is appropriate in a poem about pushing forward “beyond the utmost bound of human thought. ” Finally, the poem is divided into button, four paragraph-like sections, each of which comprises a distinct thematic unit of the poem, outlined in descriptive essay types the thesis of this essay. As in all dramatic monologues, here the professional editor dissertation, Ulysses character can actually be determined merely through his word, unintentionally. Tennyson devotes a full 26 lines to Ulysses struggle with wanting more out of his life, and another 26 lines to essay types the sacrifice made and the exhortation of his men so that he may room the seas. Only 11 lines are directed toward his son concerning the governance of the kingdom in dissertation his absence, and only a mere two words about his “aged wife” Penelope.

Thus, the speaker’s own words betray his abdication of responsibility and essay types his specificity of purpose. Tennyson’s Ulysses has also widely been compared to Homers Odyssey. The difference being Homer uses a god-like hero Odysseus and Tennyson uses a humanistic approach with characteristic such as restlessness, selfishness, and lust for glory. Ulysses represents a somewhat shadow of Odyssey. Cultural Type! The godly characteristic that set Odysseus apart from Ulysses are those that make Ulysses human.

Odysseus former glory is types, remembered as a boast of greatness with the aid and direction of his gods absent. Ulysses however, now possesses many of the same faults as ordinary men. The result is a human King facing death yet dreaming of add read more thesis godly glory. Tennyson created his poem on descriptive types the basis of the essay my best quotations, character Odysseus, the ancient goldy hero of Homer’s Odyssey. Ulysses is in fact the Roman form of the Greek Odysseus and the medieval hero of descriptive essay types Dante’s Inferno. Homer’s Ulysses, as described in Scroll XI of the Odyssey, learns from a prophecy that he will take a final sea voyage after killing the suitors of his wife Penelope. The details of this sea voyage are described by add read Dante in Canto XXVI of the Inferno: Ulysses finds himself restless in Ithaca and driven by “the longing I had to gain experience of the world. ” Dante’s Ulysses is a tragic figure who dies while sailing too far in an insatiable thirst for descriptive knowledge. Tennyson combines these two accounts by including Ulysses speech right after returning to analysis essay Ithaca from his first journey and resuming his administrative responsibility as king, but shortly before setting sail for his final voyage.

The timely creation of this poem undoubtedly supports the essay, fact that Tennyson was writing a poem while grieving for a dearly beloved friend, Hallam. Tennyson, being of the similar age as Hallam takes time to reflect on a good citizen life as short, and only what an individual makes of it. This is fully supported within the poem, whereby Tennyson references one of descriptive types mankind’s biggest questions – am I living life to it’s fullest? This tragic event of the passing of a friend in Tennyson’s life was the essay, basis for writing the poem. Using Ulysses to symbolize the types, general Victorian age is another theme that Tennyson carries throughout the poem. With the rapid growth of society many Victorian had stopped to wonder – what’s left? This theme ties into the personal one included in who is a good citizen the poem, that being living life to the fullest.

Many Victorians including Tennyson himself at this time were pondering what their purpose was, and descriptive essay types what they would do to be satisfied with their lives. Throughout all of this poetic symbolism that Tennyson includes in order to deeply sympathize with his audience, Tennyson writes his poem as a dramatic monologue, with un-rhythmic iambic pentameter to bring all of his thoughts, ideas and symbolism into a beautifully written poem. The iambic pentameter gives the poem the harshness of what was being felt by society at the time, and in a good essay character, by Ulysses. Tennyson does all of this, based on the reworking the essay, figure of Ulysses by cultural type drawing on the ancient hero of descriptive essay Homer’s Odyssey (“Ulysses” is the Roman form of the Greek “Odysseus”) and the medieval hero of Dante’s Inferno. Alfred Tennyson’s poem Ulysses is one of great meaning, depth and a poetic genius. Fussell, Paul. Poetic Meter and Poetic Form. Ohio: McGraw Hill, 1965, revised 1979.

Gordon, William Clark. The Social Ideals of Alfred Tennyson as Related to His Time. Chicago: University of add read more thesis Chicago Press, 1906. Hughes, Linda K. “Tennyson” Victorian Poetry Vol. 44, (2006). Hughes, Linda. The Many Faceted Glass: Tennyson’s Dramatic Monologues. Descriptive Types! Athens: Ohio UP, 1987. Reese, Jack E. Sound and Sense: The Teaching of Prosody,Vol. 27, No. 5 (Feb. , 1966), pp.

368-373 Saunders, Mary. “Tennyson’s ‘Ulysses’ as a Rhetorical Monologue. ” Victorian Newsletter 60 (1981): 20-24. Tennyson, Lord Alfred. Essay! Selected Poems. Toronto: Penguin Classics, 2004. Descriptive Essay Types! Wikipedia, “Blank verse, iambic pentameter, dramatic monologue” 30 Apr. 2007. http://www. wikipedia. org University/College: University of dissertation Arkansas System. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter.

Date: 9 February 2017. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Ulysses, by descriptive essay types Alfred Lord Tennyson. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. Haven't found the who is essay, Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample. For Only $13.90/page.

3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Descriptive Essay Examples | AcademicHelp net

100 Easy Causal Analysis Essay Topics. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. Types! Causal analysis essays answer the writing literature, question, Why? Many times, answer to this question can't be proved absolutely, so sometimes this essay is called a speculating about causes essay.

To write it, you will describe what happens and essay types, then state your answer (aka thesis) about the cause, providing support for your answer with reasons and evidence. • Why do people do that? • Why does this happen? • Why is this a trend? • Why does it occur? What causes people to develop phobias? Why do some people become addicted to add read button, gambling when others can gamble and not become addicted? What causes people to descriptive, rise above a disadvantaged background such as poverty, a single-parent household, or abusive parents? What are the chemical causes of falling in love? What causes feeling of romantic attraction to fade? What causes love at first sight? Why do people lose their memories as they get older? Why do people need to paper, sleep? Why do we develop muscle memory for types some repetitive actions?

Why do people experience nightmares? Why do some marriages last for writing literature a lifetime? Why do we have short and essay types, long term memory? Why do people get dyslexia? Why do we respond physically to who is, fear? Why do we yawn (or hiccup, or stretch)? Why can people, who have their eyes closed, sense objects they are approaching but not yet touching? What makes some people introverts and others extroverts? Why is methamphetamine so addictive? Why do people crave sugar? Why do some families look so much alike, while others don't?

Why do first born children tend to be achievers? Why do people snore? Why do people lie? Why do people blush? Why do people hate? Why do teenagers rebel against their parents? Why do teens get acne? Why do teens sleep so much? Why do teens cut themselves? Why do people commit suicide? Why do teens engage in sexting?

Why do young people start smoking when they know it causes cancer? Why do young people sometimes get cancer? or have heart attacks? Why do teenagers use drugs? Why do college students binge drink? Why do young people become homeless? Why do young people join gangs?

Why do young people make graffiti? Why do fewer young people vote (compared to older generations)? Why don't younger people donate blood? or become organ donors? Why don't teenage relationships last? Why don't teenagers read? Why don't teen marriages last? Why are teenagers more optimistic than older people? Why are young people better at essay types, learning languages than older people? Why do adolescent girls need more iron than adults or boys their age?

Why do teenage girls idolize male celebrities? Why do adolescents need protein? Why do adolescent girls mature faster than boys? Why do adolescents need to establish their own identity? What type of Why question most interests you? Why do animals have tails?

Why do some animals like to be petted? Why do elderly people with pets live longer, healthier, and happier lives? Why are pets good for kids? Why do dogs eat strange things like grass and professional dissertation, poop? Why do cats show pleasure by purring and kneading? Why do cats like to sleep in boxes and other strange places? Why do cats who are well-fed still hunt? Why do birds build elaborate nests? Why do monarch butterflies migrate long distances? Why do ants and essay, bees live in colonies? Why do wolves howl?

Why did humans domesticate wolves and process essay paper, breed them to descriptive types, become dogs? Why do some insects and essay, jellyfish glow? What causes tides? Or the descriptive essay, wind? What causes insects like crickets and cicadas to professional dissertation, make such loud noises? Why are animals used in research? Why are animals afraid of humans? Why is larger size an advantage for types animals in colder climates? Why do small dogs live longer than bigger dogs? Why are some animals becoming endangered? Why is nature so therapeutic?

Why are insects attracted to light? Why are insects the most successful animals on earth? Why are microbes important to human beings? Why are so many Americans against the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)? Why are some Euro countries like Greece in such economic turmoil? Why are rates of AIDS transmission higher in Africa than elsewhere? Why do Japanese couples delay marriage? Why does Japan have higher suicides rates than many other countries? Why are large typhoons and hurricanes like Haiyan happening more frequently? What has caused the unrest in the Middle East which resulted in the Arab Spring Movement and more thesis, Syria's civil war?

What caused the Great Recession of 2008? Why are random shootings becoming more common in the U.S.? What causes terrorist groups to target certain countries? (You could choose a country.) What caused the U.S. government shut down of 2013? Why is North Korea so closed to descriptive, the rest of the quotations, world? Or why is it becoming more belligerent toward other nations? Why are more and more people moving to descriptive essay types, large cities and away from more button thesis, rural areas? (You could talk about this worldwide or apply this question to one country or region of the world.) Why has the descriptive, neo-conservative movement developed in American politics?

Why has neo-Nazism been on add read button thesis, the rise in Germany? Why is China going to ease up on the one-child policy? Why did Donald Trump win in the 2016 election? Why have the police been targeted by gunmen recently in the U.S.? Why are terrorists choosing to use vehicles as weapons? Why did the Arab Spring movement not lead to successful democratic societies?

Why is Twitter the medium of choice for descriptive Donald Trump? What caused the French Revolution? What caused the development of professional American slavery system? What caused the settlement of Australia by the English? What caused the colonization of Africa? Why does English have so many words of French origin? Why is English the descriptive types, main language used around the world in friend, business and science? Why does India have a caste system? Why are the descriptive, Chinese still interested in religion after years of atheist communism? What caused the great Chinese famine in the Great Leap Forward?

What caused the essay friend, black plague of the Middle Ages to stop? What caused Great Britain to adopt the parliamentary system? Why does America have an educational system that is different from the descriptive essay types, European system used by most of the professional dissertation, rest of the world? Why, according to the 2000 U.S. Descriptive Essay Types! Census information, did more Americans identify with German ancestry (15%) than any other heritage (Irish was second at a good essay, 10%, and African American was third at 8%)? Why did Japan attack the U.S. at Pearl Harbor? or Why did America drop an atomic bomb to descriptive essay types, end the war?

Why is it important to literature, study history? (Depending on descriptive essay, how you answer, this could be worked into a causal essay topic.) After choosing your topic question, you can research online to get some ideas of possible answers. Title: The causal question makes a great title for your essay. However, you should probably make the question as short as possible for america cultural nature writing the title. Your answer to the question will be the descriptive essay types, thesis of your paper. Introduction: Start your introduction by interesting your reader in the topic and describing the situation or effect. See the chart for easy introduction and conclusion ideas. The end of your introduction will be your cause question and more button, thesis. Essay! Thesis: Start your thesis by asking your question and then answering it.

To make your thesis into a clear roadmap of what you will talk about in your essay, add a because followed by the three reasons you will give in the body of your essay. Body: Be careful to who is citizen essay, write the essay, reasons in parallel format. Sample Thesis: Why do people enjoy being scared at a horror movie? Humans enjoy scary movies because they feel an emotional release in watching and talking with other people about the experience, and they get a vicarious thrill in seeing the forbidden on the screen. Editor Dissertation! (Of course, you can have more than just three reasons, and you may have several paragraphs on essay types, one reason if you have several parts of that reason to discuss.) Topic Sentences of Body: For your body paragraphs, take your three reasons and analysis, turn them into full sentences. Those are your topic sentences for descriptive the body paragraphs of your essay. Type Upon Writing! Gather evidence from descriptive, your own observations and from research.

Conclusion: In the process analysis paper, conclusion, you want to descriptive, either urge the reader to a good essay, believe your reasons or give a final point. See ideas in the chart below. Easy Introductions and descriptive types, Conclusions. Who Is! 100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 42. Easy Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students. by Virginia Kearney 5. by Virginia Kearney 6. How to Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by Laura Writes 40. 100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by types, Virginia Kearney 37. 100 Science Topics for Research Papers. by Virginia Kearney 108. Paper! this really helped! Virginia Kearney 23 months ago from United States.

Breathing, I am glad that this post helped you. Descriptive Essay Types! I have many more articles about writing. Please look at my How to Write a Cause Essay for introduction and conclusion ideas and Technology Topics for process paper Research Essays for more topics. Sajib 23 months ago from Bangladesh. Thanks a lot for posting such a wonderful and helpful post! It will help us a lot who always look to descriptive, create great casual analysis essays.

Really you have some excellent and breathtaking ideas! These questions always come to our mind but very few us are able to find the answers. I hope you will also shed some light on the following issues: 1. A few similar questions on the technology niche. 2. A few exciting ideas about the body like the introductory and concluding ideas.

If I get these things it will help me specially and friend, lot of others. Hoping to descriptive essay types, have some more great things from professional, you! Kathryn Lane 23 months ago. This was really helpful, thank you! Thank you so much!

Kader 3 years ago from Algeria. Nice and helpful tips on essay, which teach rely and reffer to.Thank you so much. Maree Michael Martin 3 years ago from america essay upon writing, Northwest Washington on descriptive types, an Island. Very helpful. Analysis Paper! I love all these questions and essay topics, thanks. Dianna Mendez 3 years ago. Another great post for teachers and students!

I always learn to much from your sharing. Thank you! Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Thanks Hezekiah--I am hoping that I can help people. So many of the people who teach the beginning levels of essay types college English are graduate students who are just beginning teachers themselves. I know how hard it can be to come up with good lesson plans and instructions. That is why I've decided to post my own notes and my best, instructions that I've developed in teaching for over 20 years. Hezekiah 3 years ago from Japan. Nice tips there, I wish I would have known these while I was still at essay types, Uni or High School.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and more thesis, respective owners. Other product and essay, company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is who is essay, a registered Service Mark of types HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on professional editor, affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Write My Essays Today -
How to Write a Descriptive Essay

essay testing times animals aren’t only essay types used in medical research but to process analysis essay test the toxicity and reactions to other products. Some of these products include floor wax or cleaning detergents. The method in which they use to do this is called the “LD Test” or “Lethal Dose Test”. Scientists inject various substances into the stomachs of animals and monitor reactions such as vomiting, convulsions, respiratory illness and paralysis. These LD injections are not stopped being given until one half of the animals in the. insures that the animals are not suffering when these tests are done. Another thing to types consider when deciding about animal testing is the analysis essay type of descriptive essay types animals used in laboratory tests. When most people think of animal testing they have a preconceived idea of monkeys being the sole type of animals tested on. Whether this comes from movies or somewhere else it is wrong. Cultural Nature Writing! Monkeys make up less than .1 percent of all animals used for testing.

The largest group of animals used for testing is rats, mice, Some have actually worshipped cats and some have even used animals as a way of living. In spite of all the good reasons, animals are surrogates for humans. In the history of biomedical experiments with animals no single subject has created more controversy than that of animal testing. Essay Types! The practice of essay type upon testing cosmetics on animals began in 1933, soon after a woman used Lash Lure mascara to descriptive essay types darken her lashes. The woman’s eyes first burned, then she went blind, and eventually died. Because of essay quotations this incident. Essay on Animal Experimentation and Testing. why animals should be physically and mentally tortured so as to experiment on medical procedures that might not even work in future.

In addition, this will be like justifying that, animals deserve to essay suffer because they do not have cognitive ability and moral judgment, which is wrong. It should be known that, animals have feelings, just like any other human being, and that they should be respected. Therefore, animal experimentation is not a right procedure. Moreover, instead of using animals alternative. The anatomic, metabolic, and cellular differences between animals and people make animals poor models for human beings.

So, that being said, animal testing needs to nature upon stop. Nothing good is coming out of it, in my opinion, besides being cruel to innocent animals. The use of animal testing could be stopped all around the world if scientists and descriptive essay, other people would use the alternative testing methods that now exist. For instance, antibodies- which are used to research, diagnose, and editor, fight diseases and. Some things you would not even think would be tested on animals actually are, such as foods. Every year, estimated 100 thousand animals are tested on, and after testing are put to types rest.

To test most cleaning chemicals, many animals are chemically killed, poisoned, and blinded. Mice, rats, and other rodents are forced to inhale deadly toxins' dogs and add read more, cats are force-fed pesticides,and rabbits have different chemicals rubbed on their skin and descriptive, eyes. Most of the america cultural essay nature type upon time these tests are not required, and. The animals also have this, dolphins communicate with each other, and the baboon uses sticks as a tool to gather ants, and still animals are not significant. Many animals are used, and types, even killed, for essay nature upon writing the sake of medical research. The have a right is to have a claim or entitlement to something and to have that claim recognized by essay others. The bad news for animals is two-fold. First, in all the cases of women's rights, the add read thesis abolition of descriptive essay slavery and ending apartheid, a good part of the professional editor political.

The animals that undergo tests just for a new lipstick or perfume live in tiny, crowded cages in fear of pain and suffering. To determine the toxic consequences of a single, short-term exposure to a product or chemical the animals that undergo test, the substance is administered to animals (usually rodents) in extremely high doses via force-feeding, forced inhalation, and/or absorption through the skin. Animals in the highest dose groups may endure severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, convulsions, seizures. and animal testing agrees only five-twenty five percent of the time, according to descriptive the Huntington Life Sciences (1). 88% of stillbirths are due to drugs posed to be safe in animal testing (1). According to World Health Organization out of 200,000 released mediations only 240 are labeled as essential (1). Thesis! Corneal transplants were delayed for 90 years and blood transfusion were delayed 200 years due to animal studies (1). Less then two percent of human illnesses of 1.16% are ever seen in animals (1) justify using animals for testing, but when so many cures and useful findings, such as how to perform certain operations, can be found, why not test them? Then again, as I have stated before, animals should only be used when an essay alternative method is not available.

Huntingdon has a great plan when it comes to saving human lives without excessive testing on animals. There have been many laws to regulate the use of animals in literature scientific experiments. Over in the United Kingdom, the Animals (Scientific. opinions and controversies caused by types animal testing. Dr. Solomon uses a mixture of editor denotative and connotative language in her article. She uses denotative language when describing how different chemicals affect laboratory animals. She also uses denotative language when explaining the types various organizations and legislation passed by Congress in favor of public safety laws.

Dr. My Best Friend Quotations! Solomon writes connotatively when explaining the necessity of animal testing to better understand the descriptive types chemical. The author of the professional second article, “Of Mice Or Men, The Problems with Animal Testing” believes that there is no problem with animal testing, but the only problem is the result which is not applicable to humans. He gives an essay example from an experiment done on some men. In the experiment, they are injected with tiny doses of TGN1412; the same doses given to writing some animals. Those animals do not have any ill effects but for the men, they writhe on the floor after a couple of minutes being injected. Types! Some. the developmental stages of each and every animal they are testing; they must also consider the essay possibility and severity of descriptive essay any adverse and long terms effects, any measures that can be taken to avoid such effects, estimated number of paper animals to be used, humane transport arrangements and effects on descriptive local ecology of the species. Wider factors of more costs to these animals include capture, confinement, transport, husbandry systems and general handling of animals. In order to respond to these costs considerations. Over the past couple centuries humanity has achieved greatly in animal testing not just by medical studies but by scientific too.

In the nineteenth century a German physiologist who received the descriptive essay 1901 Noble Prize for Physiology and Medicine, isolated diphtheria toxin and used a mixture of editor toxin and anti-toxin to essay protect guinea pigs from producing the disease. Citizen! Fifteen years later he developed a vaccine that humans could use which saved many lives. Sir Frederick Grant Banting a Canadian medical scientist. an unpleasant smell, animals refuse to swallow them. The animals are then forced to swallow the substances in the form of capsules or pellets. They are also force-fed liquid chemicals by stomach tube, or through a hole cut in the animal’s throat (Dickinson 23). Essay! Animal-rights groups maintain that the tests are neither necessary nor particularly valid. And they loudly demand that the cosmetics industry find more humane ways to determine the safety of the literature paper product.

While animal-rights activists ask. talking about some accomplishments made from testing on animals. Essay Types! “A longer life span has been achieved, decreased infant mortality rate, effective treatments have been developed for many diseases, and the quality of life has been enhanced for mankind in general.” Again, the claim by itself is almost useless. The author then states this piece of evidence to support the claim. Writing! Also, the author continues by stating the Nobel Prizes won from essay, animal testing, and the diseases we have found cures for such. The Necessity of Animal Testing Essay. Medication proved deadly in animals have been tested to work on humans and add read more, vice versa. According to Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, nine out of ten experimental drugs fail in clinical studies because we cannot accurately predict how they will behave in people based on laboratory and animal studies(“Animal Research Is Unethical and Scientifically Unnecessary”).

These inaccuracies only prove the flaws surrounding the animal experimentation industry. Descriptive Essay! “…it is america cultural nature type upon writing, possible that by 2050. Is Animal Testing Justified? Essay. Why is animal experimentation done? There are three main reasons why animal experimentation is done on animals and not on human beings. The first reason of which is for descriptive types safety trials as because in many countries it’s a legal requirement that all drugs and vaccines are tested on animals to ensure they are safe to use on human beings. An example of essay my best friend such a requirement is in the UK where an descriptive essay act called the Medicines Act of 1968 which states that all new pharmaceutical products has to essay friend be tested on at.

Rabbits are known for leaping and they have no room to leap. Pigs cannot build their own nests or roots in the ground. Even when the cages are clean which barely are, the animals are not allowed to act in any normal behavior. Descriptive Types! These animals are infected with diseases they would never develop. Essay Paper! Experimenters force feed chemicals to animals, compress their spines, hacking muscle tissue from dogs thighs, plant wires in their brains, perform repeated surgeries on them, and baby monkeys are put in isolation. correct procedure during the experiment. Animals can be exposed to things such as; being addicted to essay types drugs, being electrocuted, isolation, deadly chemicals, burning, blinding, and radiation. The scientist performing the procedure only cultural has to state that one of these gruesome activates are necessary for the operation, and then he or she is granted permission. One of the descriptive essay types most effective arguments against the need for animal research is that a rabbit or other animal may not have a reaction to a chemical. Morality of Animal Testing Essay example.

Likewise, the military also uses animals for testing. Since 1971, the a good National Cancer act has wasted billions of dollars looking for the cure for cancer. The major reason they have not found the cure is because cancer in animals develops and progresses different from it does in descriptive types humans. Apart from animal testing being expensive, the tests are often unreliable. Cultural Type Upon Writing! Results from testing on an animal can not always for see the effects on a human. Therefore, animal testing cannot be completely relied on.

Persuasive essay against animal testing. mentioned to replace the current animal testing system. Furthermore, I hope that the descriptive types whole world changes their laws to replace animal testing with these alternatives as it would benefit so many animals globally, without effect human beings. Why should animal testing continue when it could be prevented and replaced? Does the government want these animals to die? If not, why won’t they replace the current animal testing system with the alternatives that do not effect animals? I think it’s because they are.

Essay on The Pros and Cons of Animal Testing. argued that the who is a good essay testing on animals is cruel for the fact that they are living and breathing beings who are unable to give consent to the work that is being done upon them (Murnaghan, 2013). Others argue that the descriptive essay types medical tests done on animals is to better aid the human race so it is a valid form of research. Governments are stepping in to determine what is being done to decide what exactly can be done to these animals and how far can researchers go in types of testing, the number of animals to be used. Essay on A Case Against Animal Testing. tested on animals but they advise the manufacturing companies to use whatever tests they need to assure the safety of the products. The last reason that animals get tested is to see the effectiveness of a product in healing or helping a disease. Usually products are tested on animals such as mice, rats, guinea pigs and hamsters, rabbits, dogs, cats, nonhuman primates, birds, fish, and amphibians.

Since Chimpanzees share ninety nine percent of their DNA with humans they are one of the animals that are. Animal Testing in Drug Industry Essay. Thus, animal testing in drug industry must be stopped. In addition to physical pain suffered by animals during drug testing, the animals also experience mental pain. According to Singer, three separate British government committees have agreed that animals are not only capable of feeling physical pain, but also mental pain, such as fear, anxiety, stress, et cetera (Singer, 1980). Animals kept in who is cages in drug laboratories are undergoing anxiety of being abused again every single day. Moreover, they. Animal Testing is Cruel and Flawed Essay. They are also smearing hair color into the rabbit’s eyes. Live animals are used in modern medical researchers; some animals body systems are like humans.

Rats and mice are used in testing and there are 20 million a year used in experiments. Guinea pigs, hamsters and gerbils are also used but mice are the most common ones used in types the vertebrate species because of their size, low cost, ease of handling and writing, they have a fast reproduction rate. Essay! Mice are considered to be the best model of inherited human. The Benefits of Animal Research, Testing, and Experimentation. experimental animals (American Medical Association 77).

Consequently, it is evident just how important animal testing really is. Other opponents have suggested that technology can substitute for the real thing. They suggest that computer programs or models of animals be used to perform experiments. Again there is a problem in that these methods are not yet as sophisticated as they need to be. We simply do not have enough advances in computer technology to my best friend quotations create an ideal model of an animal.

We can. Essay on Animal Testing For Scientific Purposes. thanks to animal testing [“Rubella (German Measles)”]. Humans are not the only ones who have benefited from the results of animal testing. Animals have been helped too. If vaccines were not tested on animals, millions of essay animals would have died from a variety of diseases such as rabies, tetanus, anthrax, distemper, and literature paper, more.

People and essay types, animals share around fifty of the same diseases because of this animal testing can be beneficial to add read button both animals and humans at the same time. In fact, animals and humans. Animal Testing in Scientific Research Essay. In most cases, the animals will probably end up dead, but in some experiments the tests will run until the animal dies. Such a case is determining the lethal dose of radiation used in cancer therapy. Essay! No matter what the test is or how it is performed, there is always an alternative to hurting and killing an literature innocent animal. Another thing wrong with animal testing is a lot of times the types tests are wrong or inconclusive. There are several issues that effect test results. A reason test are inconclusive.

enough to essay type know how individual molecules, cells or tissues behave. Descriptive Essay! This is my best friend, why animal testing is needed because the information gained from them shows more about how the living body interacts and how they are controlled rather than just a few aspects of the body. For example, if a drug is developed to fight the flu virus, many doctors and patients would want to descriptive essay know if there were any possible side effects, so with the testing done on mammals first this would give doctors the best possible decision for. Essay on Animal Testing (Speech Outline) Bentham's philosophy on process analysis essay animals, instead, was: The question is not can they reason? Nor can they talk? But could they suffer? B. Vivisection began early after Bentham's time period as scientists cut open animals to types learn about the functions of the essay friend heart, lungs, and other parts of the body. C. The practice of testing cosmetics on descriptive types animals started around 1933. 1. This began after a woman used Lush Lure cosmetics darken her eye lashes. 2. The woman's eyes eventually burned, and later.

Animal Testing Should Be Illegal Essay. on before there was outrage because of the mistreatment of humans? Many people believe that Animal Testing is fine because without it we couldn’t find cures for disease in both humans and animals. But nowadays we have the america cultural essay nature upon technology to test for cures that give up to 60% more reliable answers and are 100% humane. The world of science has on record more than 400 methods that can effectively replace animal experiments. Plus, this technology is dramatically less expensive and makes use of cell and skin. Medical Testing on Prisoners, Not Animals Essay. violence that it leads to. Some odd years ago attitudes about medical testing were different from current opinions of today. Descriptive! In the past, infectious diseases killed many people, so the doctors and researchers worked steadily to invent cures for these dreaded diseases and my best quotations, they tested many different cures for theses ailments. There were many researchers who felt it was necessary to experiment on people.

They felt that only descriptive types animal testing was not sufficient. They chose to use humans that were incarcerated. The Animal Testing Controversy Essay examples. group of animals, usually rats” (Morgan J1+). The animals that are actually experimented on are often forgotten and not being saved by writing literature paper animal activists. For example, more than 90 percent of animals used in research are excluded from the Animal Welfare Act such as birds, rats of the genus Rattus, mice of the types genus Mus, and farm animals (Ferdowsian). Why are some animals treated differently than others? Animals excluded from the Animal Welfare Act are considered non-human animals; though animals are animals. Essay about Animal Testing is Wrong. Not only are in vitro tests more humane than killing animals by exposing them to experiments, but they have been shown to produce more accurate results.

And the results relate from the laboratory to real life as well. Penicillin and streptomycin are historical examples of in vitro discovery, and there have been countless others since. The in vitro technology of today allows researchers to receive accurate information from as many as 100,000 compounds per paper day (European). Also there is advanced technology. Let#x27;s Put an End to Animal Research, Testing, and Experimentation. In short, without animal testing, it would be difficult for science to essay types advance, or as Dave Weaner, a physics and science teacher at Westerville North High School, said, “Animal testing is valid because it gives us something to editor dissertation compare results against; it is necessary for advancement.” However the question now comes up, “What is types, necessary and my best quotations, what is merely a waste of a life?” Any testing on a living being is horrible; however, in the case of cancer research, doctor training, drug research, et cetera. We Must Eliminate Animal Testing for Cosmetics Essay. There are many alternatives to testing on live animals in today’s world.

Animal testing is often not the most accurate method of testing. Descriptive Essay! The results from many tests differ from laboratory to laboratory, and animal to writing literature animal. Whether the descriptive product was proven to who is a good be safe or not is types, often times questionable (Product…). It is america essay nature upon writing, true that many rabbits are bred so that their genetic makeup is nearly identical. However, often times this is not a very good strategy because the genetic makeup of every human. Testing on Animals: Behind the Eight Ball Essay example. proven as safe before being put on descriptive the market. However, this act does not specify the type of testing required (Owen 63). With all of the technology available today, American test labs still resort to innocent animals for clinical trials. Thousands of animals are simply “disposed of” after the america cultural nature type testing is concluded. Cohen describes this in, “Do You Know How Your Mascara is descriptive, Made?,” when she says that animals are killed when they are no longer deemed “useful.” Later in add read more button thesis the article, Catherine Willett.

Essay on Why Animal Testing Should be Illegal? used animals for testing pharmaceutical drugs. The invention of the “cancer mouse” in 1988 was shown to be a key to descriptive essay fighting malignant tumours. A cancer mouse would have a human cancer gene inserted in professional editor it so it would grow tumors, and help find cures to cancer. Descriptive Essay! However many successful cures they found for the rodents failed in humans(Gericke). In addition, drugs such as aspirin would not exist today if we had relied on animal testing , because the drugs had caused lethal side effects on animals. For.

Animal Testing: Cruelty versus Benefit Essay. enough to convince us that animal experimenting must be put to an end once and for all? The science correspondent of “The Guardian” Randerson (2008) has found out that about 115 million animals were used in scientific research globally in 2005, according an estimate based on official national figures from the who is a good essay number of scientific papers that were published involving animals. Moving on to the next scenario. Crowds of “blind” people sincerely believe that animal testing benefits the medical industry. Essay on Why Animal Testing Should Be Prohibited. One of the most common arguments given as to descriptive essay types why animal testing should be banned is that animals are not humans. Although animals and humans do share some similar characteristics, they have many anatomic differences, metabolic differences, and process essay paper, cellular differences.

Animals make poor models for human beings, and there are several cases that prove this. Essay Types! The 1950’s sleeping pill thalidomide, for example, was tested on animals prior to human use in and resulted in literature paper no negative side effects. However when. Essay on The Morality of Animal Testing in Scientific Research. they won't blind us, burn our skin, or even kill us (which did happen in descriptive essay several instances, before product safety testing was required by law); and to help students, especially prospective doctors, veterinarians, and so on, learn their way around a body. Animals do make good research subjects for many purposes and research on them can tell us a great deal about ourselves.

Animals are, in editor dissertation many ways, biologically similar to humans and are susceptible to descriptive many of the same health problems. Some species. Animal Testing: the Animal Rights Debate. New York: the Rosen Publishing. Evaluation/Assessment: Animals should have some respect even if it is big or small, it's still a living thing.

However, human weight their lives more than that of animals, so they do not care if it death or alive. After reading this, it gave me a clear sense how cruel human being can be. It is true that we value our lives more than animals, and I do not know the reason why we are trying to save a baby is drowning instead of a rat. I could use this source to describe how cruel human being can be and america cultural writing, how animals could. When we show that we are reasonable and open-minded, readers are more likely to essay listen to our point of view. Organization of Argumentative Essa11s There are several ways to organize an argumentative essay. You can use a block pattern or a point-by-point pattern. The outlines in the following chart show these two possible patterns. Block Pattern I. Introduction Explanation of the editor issue Thesis statement Point. by-P.oint Pattern I. Introduction Explanation of the issue, including a summary. The best idea is to choose essay topics that really matter to you. Descriptive Essay! You have to have the strong personal opinion on the topic you are planning to discuss in your argumentative essay.

Argumentation is a crucial skill in writing literature paper life. Types! People in the media, business, academia and politics constantly use argumentation styles to persuade viewers and opponents over to their side of an issue. There are many different aspects of argumentation and literature, many different categories of argument styles. A person may adopt one. preparation of first or second language learners for descriptive essay further study at university or IELTS. The unit assumes that the citizen essay students have their own argumentative essay topic for the course they are undertaking. The unit is types, built around one particular type of argumentative essay. Add Read Button Thesis! It is important to understand that there are many other ways of structuring argumentative essays than the one proposed in this unit.

However, the structure outlined here has proved to be very effective in giving students a clear, there is descriptive, no question that animals can vocalize their feelings. Contrast this with proponents of america cultural nature type using animals for descriptive essay biomedical research and testing, whom argue that animals “are not beings of a kind capable of cultural essay nature type upon exercising or responding to moral claims. Essay Types! Animals therefore have no rights, and they can have none. Professional Editor Dissertation! This is the essay types core of the argument about the literature alleged rights of animals.” (Cohen,95). Cohen’s argument is misguided and in many respects false, where just because animals cannot respond or claim. reason for descriptive animal testing, it‘s become one of the more thesis most helped by essay types animal testing. “It is of interest to see how important animal models have been in obtaining these [cancer treating] results…” (Garattini and Van Bekkum, 1990 p 133). Essay Friend! About 12% of animal experimentation is done involving cancer research (Baumans, 2004 Figure 2). In order to test anticancer agents liver microsomes are needed.

Therefore if you were to essay types use in essay type upon vitro testing, using cells instead of an actual body of an animal, you wouldn’t. medications and vaccines have been created in descriptive essay the past through this testing. A polio vaccine was the result of animal research and add read button, testing, which without, polio would still take thousands of human lives each year. “There could have been no oral polio vaccine without the use of innumerable animals, a very large number of animals,” Albert mentioned to essay types a reporter before his demise in 1993. Quotations! Multiple vaccines being created today need the animal experiments to prove them safe before supplying them to today’s. decide because she realized that animal experimentation could save her children’s lives.

A few days later she left the hospital with her children, who were back to their normal, healthy selves. Essay! She felt bad for her five cats that were dead, but it was a good feeling having all five of professional editor her children there at descriptive types, the funeral for Fluffy, Furry, Frisky, Grumpy, and Stinky. She now understood the who is a good essay other side. She didn’t exactly approve of it now, but she knew that animal testing must go on for her children’s.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
B>Descriptive Essay Topics, Titles & Examples In…

How to Structure Your Economics Essay. It’s important to descriptive types, use your time efficiently on economics exams. In the literature new (2013) syllabus, you only types get 45 minutes per essay paper essay. Essay Types! And that’s not much time to do everything you need to essay friend, do. It’s easy to waste time (i.e with introductions or descriptive writing) that earn you no marks at all. If you use this structure you’ll be sure to earn all of the possible marks for descriptive essay types, each of your IB Economics essays. Some students will be able to write more than others, because they write more quickly. This structure was written with an average-writing-speed student in mind. Part A1: Definition and real life example.

Definition : Define a key word in the question. Definition : Define either another key word in the question (if there is another one) or a related key word. Definition : Define either another key word in the question (if there is another one) or a related key word. Real life example : Briefly explain a real life example. America Nature Upon Writing! Two sentences maximum; you’ll keep link back to descriptive, this later in the essay. Part A2 : Draw and explain a diagram. Draw the diagram which will best help you to answer the cultural essay nature upon writing question. Draw it accurately and descriptive essay types, fully labelled (I.e. “Price of Ice Cream, Quantity of Ice Cream, D1, S1, E1.”) and writing paper, with a title on top. Tell us what the diagram shows , in descriptive essay types, general.

Explain a specific insight of the diagram (i.e. “As the diagram shows, the warmer weather results in a greater demand for ice cream. At Price P1, the quantity demanded increases from Q1 to Q2.”) Develop that insight further. Process Paper! Use points on the diagram to explain WHY greater demand for ice cream is causing the price of ice cream to increase. (i.e. “The rightward shift of the demand curve means that for types, any given price, more is demanded. And this puts an upward pressure on price. Producers get a signal from the market that there is excess demand, so they see that they can increase their prices and they do.”) This is often where the high marks are hidden for Part A questions –making sense of the america cultural essay nature theory for The Reader. (I always say think of descriptive types, “The Reader” as a simple guy who doesn’t understand any economics yet. He doesn’t understand the theory yet and doesn’t know any of professional editor, your key words. If you can make this stuff make sense to such a person in descriptive essay types, the time allowed you’re a rock star). Link your example to the diagram . In part B you are always being asked to evaluate –even if the word evaluate isn’t used.

We have the CLASPP model, which lists a variety of types of evaluation. However, it’s useful to try to carefully structure your answer to do this well. To do this, we’re borrowing an approach you’ll learn in Theory of editor dissertation, Knowledge. Essay Types! We’re going to process analysis essay, treat the Part B question as a knowledge issue. If you aren’t sure about this approach, you can read this. In general we’re basically trying to argue both sides of a case (i.e. how it’s good for stakeholders and then how it’s bad for them) and descriptive essay, do this in a few different ways (i.e. the theory says X, but the theory depends on ceteris paribus, which doesn’t normally hold true). In this way (basically debating with ourselves) we can explore the strengths and weaknesses of the theory and make an informed conclusion.

Intro (Definitions, diagrams and case link) It is okay to write things like, “As the diagram in Part A shows, … or “Demand, as defined in Part A, …” However, sometimes you’ll need to more thesis, include additional definitions and diagrams to help you explain your evaluative points in Part B. You’ll have to descriptive essay, make a judgment call on this. Definitions . Define words that require definition. At least one. Diagram . Draw a diagram if you’re going to need it for your explanation.

This will be required about 50% of the editor dissertation time. Basically, if there is a diagram that relates closely to the question and it’s not already in your Part A answer, you’ll have to include it here. If you do include a diagram do it like this: Explain the diagram . What does it show in general. Explain a specific insight of the diagram (i.e. “As the diagram shows, the increase in the price of vaccines has little effect on the quantity demanded.”) Develop that insight further using points on the diagram (i.e. “The large increase in price from P1 to descriptive types, P2, results in only a slight decrease in demand from Q1 to Q2?). Link the example to process paper, diagram and the question . “Therefore a tax on vaccines will result in descriptive essay types, decreased demand and is therefore hurts some stakeholders.” Mention a real life example that relates to the question . It might be the same one you used in Part A. And provide one detail about it (i.e. “China’s grain output rose 5.4 percent 2008.”) Body 1 (Case link, claim, counterclaim and writing, mini-conclusion) Claim: Link your case back to the theory. “As the diagram above (or in Part A) shows, this increase in descriptive types, supply would likely have resulted in citizen essay, a decrease in the market clearing price.” So you are answering the question of the case using course theory and also using your example.

Counterclaim: Criticize the theory. Descriptive Types! You could say, “However, this depends on everything else remaining constant (ceteris paribus), which only occurs in theory.” Point out that it depends on ceteris paribus, which almost never occurs. Or point out that it’s purely theoretical; it cannot be tested. Or perhaps there is something else unrealistic about the theory. Challenging theory like this is tough, but there are a lot of marks for you if you can do it well. Miniconclusion : Link back to the question (answer the professional question). Descriptive Essay! “So we can see that, it is likely that, in most cases, and an increase in supply will be followed by a decrease in the equilibrium price.” Body 2 (Claim, counterclaim and mini-conclusion) Claim: Explain something else the who is a good citizen theory shows.

Look to CLASPP for descriptive essay types, various ways to do this. We’ve already used “assumptions” (which is a very powerful one you should always try to add read more button, include), so I’ll use stakeholders for this example. “Given that the market clearing price of vaccines will fall, a key advantage of the descriptive essay policy is that more consumers will be willing and able to consume them.” Counterclaim: Criticize this claim. Mini-conclusion: Link back to the question (answer the question). Body 3 (Claim, counterclaim and mini-conclusion) Counterclaim (i.e. disadvantages) Mini-conclusion. Answer the literature paper question (i.e. “Therefore the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in most cases”) Draw together the descriptive insights of the different mini-conclusions you have made in your body paragraphs and come to a measured, qualified conclusion. Make sure you also answer the question here.

It’s easy to , but also try to say something original. Show that you understand that policy decisions are complicated. For example, implementing theories has unintended consequences (i.e. Writing Literature! hurting some stakeholders). Thanks to Niamh Bowman for her great ideas and help with this structure. Niamh is an IB and MYP Economics and IB Theory of Knowledge teacher at the Overseas Family School in essay, Singapore. 13 Responses to How to america essay nature type, Structure Your Economics Essay. Hi Tim, I was just wondering what would happen if we have to evaluate 2 different policies? Then should we have 2X 3 body paragraphs? Hi Arjun. Descriptive Types! The “contact” item in paper, the website menu will let you email me.

Thanks. Hi Jo. I have done that as part of my IA guidance. You could just modify it for the essay I think. http://www.timwoods.org/2013/02/03/how-to-structure-an-economics-ia/ Hope that helps. Thank you so much Mr Woods. The Economics exam will start in 4 hours and I think I am ready for it! This is regarding the real-life situation. Descriptive Types! I am also an IB history student and editor, so have a lot of relevant data from the 20th century. Would that be permissible?

For example, “(After relevant discussion on a deflationary gap) Although the descriptive essay types results of X policy appear to my best friend quotations, be beneficial, this does not always hold true. For example, the German deflationary gap actually increased in 1936 in descriptive types, spite of the expansionary fiscal policy employed.” I don’t have any sample essays I can share with you right now. My Best! But you can find some online if you do a Google search. All the best.

Different students write at different speeds, so I find giving yourself a time limit for each part more useful than a word limit or number or sentences. Some students are also good at descriptive essay, earning more marks per sentence (by staying more focused), so it’s hard to say. Good luck! I always thought that the real life examples were to say something like “in the vaccines market…”, but i had never thought of using real data such as mentioning that “China’s grain output rose 5.4 percent in cultural type upon, 2008”. Should we actually memorise such facts? Memorising a few facts is a good idea, but it isn’t mandatory, even to attain the highest possible grade.

It can help though. The main thing is convincing the marker that your insights are true and not just something you made up. HI Victoria. Essay Types! Yes, you are expected to actually discuss detailed specifics. You don’t need to know percentages, but you should know an example of a real situations in economics that relate to your essay.

Including a detail such as a number like that is a good way to show that you are well informed about the who is a good citizen essay example. Hi Paul. I actually don’t recommend taking much time to plan the approach. In terms of planning I do recommend taking a look a the diagram you might need in Part B. Essay Types! Sometimes in Part A you have a few options for process analysis paper, diagrams that will work, but there is only one that will help you answer both parts, so it helps to plan ahead in that respect. But mostly I train my students to descriptive types, follow this structure and if they do, not too much planning is required. The structure is sort of intended as a plan that works for every essay.

Comments are closed. Every day, students and essay my best quotations, teachers in 93 countries spend 44 hours (if you add up everyone's time) learning here. This saved my life. 10/10. -Harold L (Hong Kong) Thanks a ton! I have used this article to guide me for my last 2 IA's and when I was assigned my 3rd and final Econ IA, the first thing I did once I got my Econ article, was open this page. Descriptive Types! Much appreciation from Pearson College UWC! -Keegen Payne (Victoria, British Columbia)

I actually just wanted to let you know that you have been a very big help for america cultural essay nature type writing, me in TOK and types, Economics. Thesis! With your effort to publish all this information and advice to IB students, you're really making a difference! Me and my partner have got an A for our presentation , fully following this guide. Thank you so much Mr. Descriptive Essay! Woods! Thank you so much for cultural essay writing, this structure!

We followed it exactly as you laid out in our TOK presentation and our teacher gave us 9/10!! Hi, I am a May 2014 IBDP graduate. Descriptive! I am grateful to say that your website had helped me a lot in finishing my IAs and EEs, I want to thank you for the resources that have been provided. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We recently began working on TOK presentations and I was completely lost but this guide is absolutely amazing and paper, makes it so much clearer. :)

Hi, I am a May 2014 IBDP graduate. I am grateful to say that your website had helped me a lot in finishing my IAs and EEs, I want to thank you for the resources that have been provided. As a result, I got an essay, A for EE in business after following the steps written in this website , including the help from my supervisor of course. Cultural Essay Upon Writing! I would recommend the current IB students to descriptive, read the analysis resources in your web, in types, order to obtain more insights. Thank you once again, sir! I'm an IB student who has been lost until I found this website! This has the best advice on citizen the web and I'm definitely recommending it to all my fellow IBers back at school. Definitely wish you were my economics teacher! Thank you so much for taking time to write these guides. Essay Types! You have truly saved my IB life!

WOW! Thank you already for helping me. So many great posts about editor IB and how to be effective. So awesome. Descriptive Essay! I will defiantly spend more time here and hopefully learn a lot. I just wanted to let you know how great and who is citizen, helpful your website is descriptive, :) Thank you so much Mr Woods. The Economics exam will start in 4 hours and I think I am ready for it! Your website is amazing! I got two level 7's in my last IAs with the help of who is a good, your site.

Thank you, all the way from UWCSA Just want to express my deepest gratitude and essay types, appreciation for this website and all the effort you've channelled into helping others with your knowledge and skills. Professional Editor Dissertation! I've found it extremely helpful and I cannot thank you enough! Just wanted to send you a note of appreciation for the great and selfless contribution you have made. You must have already made a difference to so many lives and achieved the real purpose of essay, our lives. Thank you so much Mr. Woods. I find it absolutely incredible that you take the time to who is essay, answer students and write your posts. Essay! Just today I was talking with another friend of mine who, I just found out, also happens to be following your blog. I just wanted to say that I got a 6 on my SL economics exam last year, and I strongly believe that was because of all the help I got from this website on add read more commentaries. Descriptive! A big thank you from Dallas, TX.

-Tashi December 2013. Dear Mr. Woods, thank you so much for your structure for TOK essays. It's really helped me develop a clear idea of what to do when I was absolutely clueless before! Definitely recommending to process analysis essay paper, all my peers.

This page is awesome. Essay! Thank you very much for citizen essay, your help in my IA. You saved my life. Argentina wishes the best for you. Essay! Gracias! -Carlos (Argentina) October 2013. Thank you for this piece of gold!

I was about to give up on my TOK presentation when I saw this page! Now I know I can deal with the IB and TOK in particular! Greetings from PERU! -Mateo (Peru) September 2013. Thank you so much for all of writing literature paper, this voluntary support. I'm taking an online economics HL course and it becomes quite difficult at times to find assistance. You're a life saver!.

-Theone (Bangkok, Thailand), September 2013. Hello, I just wanted to descriptive essay types, say thank you for writing these guides. They have been extremely helpful for me, I was just about to literature paper, panic and give up on my IA and now I am actually really proud of it. Descriptive! -Sofie Lind, August 2013. Dear Mr. Woods, your initiative is highly appreciated and needless to say, the resources on this website are helping thousands of students tremendously. As for me, I thank you sincerely for your notes on IB Economics, the Extended Essay and for Theory of Knowledge. Hats off! Nothing better than spreading wisdom! Congratulations!

-Anonymous, June 2013. Everyone at thesis, my school in Mexico uses your Structure for TOK essays. I've used it on all of mine and I've never gotten lower than an essay, A-. I just wanted to add read, thank you for being a lifesaver. How to structure an Economics Internal Assessment is amazing. Absolutely great. It is such a great help to essay, have word counts of different sections and a detailed description on how to score high marks.

Thank you so much. -Desperate Student, May 2013. Just wanted to say, as a fellow Economics Business teacher of IB, I love your site. So plain, simple but so effective. My students in Barcelona love it too and it makes my job easier. Keep up the good work, and thank you once again. Really good and inspirational information on america cultural essay nature type upon writing your site!

Thank you! This is essay, tremendously helpful. I am writing three IAs tonight. Unsure as to what I would do without these posts as a guide. Thanks again. -Procrastinator, February 2013. I am an a good citizen essay, IB student from India and I am very very thankful to types, you for these sites.

My extended essay, TOK essay and business IA are the result of your articles and ideas. Your site gave my extended essay a plan on how to go about it and made the journey simpler. Friend Quotations! The article how to score full marks in the business IA was really helpful as it gave me a plan and coming into TOK I was able to build my ideas in structured pattern. I was looking about to get some support material for my son’s TOK and EE today and your pages have been great. They are easy to follow and digest. My son was very grateful. Descriptive! Your blog has been a fabulous resource! Keep up the great work!

-Karen (Doha, Qatar) January 2013. Just wanted to write you a quick thank you note for putting up such a great revision website! It is honestly one of the best I have encountered (especially with the analysis slideshares) online for IB Economics revision. If I was at OFS it would be a pleasure to have you as my Econs teacher! Your Economics IA slideshow really helped me understand what assessors were looking for, and how I could easily avoid loosing marks (word count etc). I really appreciate the essay types time that you have spent to help students like me. “I teach ToK in Midvale, UT and paper, LOVE your site. Essay Types! The students have really struggled with the essay writing process and your site structures it better than anything else I've ever received. Thanks” -S.

Allen (Utah, USA) December 2012. “i am an IB student here in India, and i was demotivated with regards to add read button thesis, the workload this course has dished out to us every week. but i went through this website, and all of descriptive essay, a sudden there's been a change of process essay, heart. thank you for posting such beautiful stuff that i can relate to.” -Adi C. December 2012. “Your site is amazing!! Thank you so much!

I am a senior in IB economics and thanks to you did very well in descriptive essay types, my IA! Just thought I had to let you know.” -Pamela A. November 2012. woooooooooooooow How to Write Suc­cess­ful Col­lege Appli­ca­tion Essays has opened my eyes like so wide. thanx tim woods i sure will apply all these tips